Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’d consider voting for Change UK but despite their name and their 3700 applicants to stand for them they’ve decided not to stand a candidate in one of the four constituent parts of the U.K.

Today Labour has done the bare minimum needed and I can only hope it will be enough to secure the support of all those millions of our voters demanding the final say on Brexit.

Sorry Bridget, its not enough to secure my support or anyone else here that I can see. Fuck Labour. 

10 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I mean, I daresay that the homelessness crisis could have been solved with that. Maybe even half that.

By putting homeless people on ferries?

Edited by Isegrim

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Will sign up for that out of curiosity as much as anything else. From looking at the 2014 figures I think my most sensible vote in terms of achieving what they're talking about is Lib Dem, so will be interesting to see if their algorithms agree. Change UK will be the curveball I suppose.

On 07/05/2019 at 08:55, Meenzer said:

Will sign up for that out of curiosity as much as anything else. From looking at the 2014 figures I think my most sensible vote in terms of achieving what they're talking about is Lib Dem, so will be interesting to see if their algorithms agree. Change UK will be the curveball I suppose.

I've signed up but not received anything useful as of yet. 

I think it's all over now though. Its being reported today that 23 of the 27 EU states want us to leave now, regardless of a referendum. Poland, Ireland, Hungary and Portugal being the exceptions. Apparently the perception is we're toxic. Who can honestly disagree? It's a conclusion I came to some time ago and why I feel leaving with some type of EEA access is the best option long term. Not even as part of Efta, because they don't t want us either. 

On another note, the rise of Farage is incredibly concerning. If he can convert his popularity into a GE we are seriously fucked as a country. CT stormed off when I pointed out he is exactly the type of idiot who would have voted for Hitler in 30s Germany, hit a nerve. I don't retract it. Am I comparing Farage to Hitler? Yes I am actually. Its that serious. 

• Like 3

I think he's in for a shock at the EU elections. Absolutely nobody who opposes Brexit should vote Labour. And most who really want Brexit, the Gammons, won't either. 

I heard yesterday if the remain parties got themselves organised so that just one party (Green, LD, Change) dropped out of contesting each English region, it would make a huge difference to the results, with remain candidates winning the most seats. No sign of this happening so far though. Quite infuriating. 

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Nice one, Jezza.

I mean, Labour are fucked then. I cannot for the life of me understand why he and those around him think that people like me (and indeed most of us on here) are going to support them after their total abandonment of our concerns and principles over this whole issue.

I will not vote Labour again until party policy is that we are part of the EU. If that means the Tories are in power for the rest of my life (not that my vote matters anyway), so be it.

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Nice one, Jezza.

It’s rather that he doesn’t  want to ignore that he got what he wanted. He’s quite happy to reject opinions from a majority if they do not fit with his own.

• Like 1

Had to switch off QT before my foot went through the screen. The sight and sound of that gurning Farage cunt, set against the back drop of a cacophony of gammons, is utterly stomach churning.

However, Storyville Behind closed doors was illuminating. Confirms what we all know, the UK government is embarrassingly incompetent. But it occurs to me, throughout this debacle the EU has been very transparent and open. Evidenced by this documentary (the only censored bits concerned the UK government), as well as the mountains of information on their website if anyone cared to look. I find transparency is normally a healthy sign, and conversely being opaque isn't. So when are we going to see the May behind closed doors Storyville?

• Like 1

On 09/05/2019 at 23:11, Renton said:

Had to switch off QT before my foot went through the screen. The sight and sound of that gurning Farage cunt, set against the back drop of a cacophony of gammons, is utterly stomach churning.

I caught about 5 seconds of it before immediately turning over. How the fuck was that cunt on there again? He might as well be the presenter 

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

I caught about 5 seconds of it before immediately turning over. How the fuck was that cunt on there again? He might as well be the presenter 

Three days before his prime spot on Marr where he complained about BBC bias. :lol: 

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1