Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, NJS said:

Do they not give a fuck about the lib dems part in creating brexit conditions either or are we just erasing the past now? 

Pragmatism wins out in the end I think. I won't forgive the Lib Dems more generally, but Labour are the ones who need to choke down a message this time while there's still a small chance this can be averted.

The rest of this can be sorted through once the issue is resolved.

Thing is if voting Labour in the EU elections is deemed a vote for brexit as the libs and traitors are saying they're going to be fucked when someone points out that brexit party +labour+ tories will be more than 50% so any argument that their total shows the "will of the people" will be completely lost from their pov. 

12 minutes ago, NJS said:

Thing is if voting Labour in the EU elections is deemed a vote for brexit as the libs and traitors are saying they're going to be fucked when someone points out that brexit party +labour+ tories will be more than 50% so any argument that their total shows the "will of the people" will be completely lost from their pov. 

We don't get to set that narrative. As shown in the 2017 GE, a vote for Labour means "80% of the country wants to get on with Brexit". So against that backdrop, even if the Brexit Party, Labour and the Tories are all pulled together to be more than 50%, it's an improvement on 80%.

Also, it's not quite about the same issue anymore. No one can claim that Labour are backing No Deal. That's all the Brexit Party are backing, as I understand it. So yes, more than 50% of the country could be argued to want Brexit, but not all of those agree on how to do it. Labour are unequivocably opposed to No Deal, so I'm not sure how that alliance gets traction even amongst the narrative setters. There is no middle ground option available once May's deal crashes and burns a fourth time. At that point, Labour will -have- to choose a fucking side. And this strong showing for Remain with Labour voters deserting them should be the convincing kick in the backside they need to just fucking give up on trying to enable this shitshow.

Also, seems fairly clear that the people voting Labour in actual fact have no strong opinion on Brexit full stop and would probably accept staying - so those people combined with the Remainers could deliver power to Corbyn. How he hasn't seen this is incredible, but maybe this will demonstrate it. He's ultimately relied on the middle class wringing their hands about the 'fascists' and just getting on with 'doing the right thing'. Fuck him. He has to do the right thing first, and it requires some political bravery.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJS said:

Have you though about the fact that Labour will be losing voters to Farage as well? 

I have. I'm banking on the fact that they're losing more to Remain parties though.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/05/17/labour-and-tories-lose-majority-support-brexit-pro

This polling seems to suggest that 16% of Labour voters from the 2017 election are backing Brexit Party or UKIP.

43% are backing Remain parties.

Edited by Rayvin

In fact, if you look at the diehard Labour voters (35%) and Remain (43%) together, that comes to 78% of Labour's 2017 voters. In numbers, that's about 10 million. (Before we get to any Lib Dem, Green and Tory voters who might take one for the team to secure Remain). I know constituencies are what matter, but still.

The Tories got 13.6 million last time out and have lost 62% of their voters in these elections, to Farage. That wouldn't hold to a GE, despite 24% of the electorate, incredibly, backing the BP for a GE as well - but they will take damage from this. And anyway, the Tories will eventually become a No Deal party because they have nowhere else to go, which means Labour MUST become a Remain Party. And if we just vote for them blindly, they won't do it. They've proven it already.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Isn't it about time they were forgiven? I do buy the line that they tempered the Tories' worst impulses.

It's plausible seeing what the tories have done since. 

The Brexit Party have got a couple of pasty dweebs and someone's gran outside the Monument entrance to Eldon Square. The Change UK lot had a young lass handing out crap flyers on Northumberland Street. No sign of Labour or the Lib Dems. 

If you look at the results of the recommendations for Remainders to vote tactically this week, they result in Change UK going from one MEP seat to zero MEP seats. :lol:

They are fucking idiots for not getting into an agreement with the other Remain parties. They're gonna end up with nowt. 

7 hours ago, NJS said:

Have you though about the fact that Labour will be losing voters to Farage as well? 

They're too arrogant and dumb for that to have occurred to them.

They're so used to expecting to get their own way through ranting or in this case violent manner to expect NOT to

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20190520-152058_WhatsApp.jpg

Hypocrisy off the scale. Typical remoaner. Was he one of your council pals ?

Bloated ego (hence "legend") and I just bet you were screaming about "thuggery" when Sourby had someone arguing with her about ignoring the wishes of the majority of constituency

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the fat balding four eyed tosser was you yourself