Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think it'll be between No Deal and No Brexit.

Starting to join the Renton side on this though - doomed to no deal.

I'm not sure what I predict tbh. No deal means breaking the GFA, what PM would want that on their CV? Starting another war ffs. I reckon Boris and a second referendum or even revoke is possible. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

She is fucking hopeless mind :lol: She's not very intelligent at all. She probably uses toast to wipe her arse the thick fuck.

Mmmm, Marmite on toast… :puke:

8 hours ago, Renton said:

I reckon Boris and a second referendum or even revoke is possible. 

Don't think those are compatible options.  Seriously glad to be living on the other side of the world at the moment.  At the end of the day, uncertainty is probably worse for you than knowing it is definitely the shit option. Just do something ... please.

Thats like being on death row and wanting to get it over with, rather than pray for a final reprieve.

The reason we are paralysed and can't move on is because Brexit makes no logical sense. The constant lies from the leavers, lapped up by the gullible or malevolent, have led is to this cul de sac with no good outcome. Whoever delivers it, or doesn't deliver it, is fucked. Now you being a non UK resident just want us to do something and i can see why. This is also what the brexiters now want, the EU ro make the decision for us so they can blame them. But will that work for them? I don't think it works for whoever is PM tbh.

Edited by Renton

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That's actually incredible.

What is it that the leavers don't like about Mays deal? It's basically perfect for them.

Lack of unicorns perhaps? 

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

I'd assume even a temporary/partial CU prevents their WTO/trade deal paradise. 

Then again that assumes they have a bastard clue. 

Aye, the latter. So on the one hand, making our own trade deals is vital for us. On the other hand, having no trade deals at all (WTO) isn't a problem. They're demonstrably fucking nuts. 

Also, I hope that MP is starting to understand the level of idiocy he has allied himself with. I almost felt bad for him and I'm glad he stood his ground actually, because she was looking for any reason at all to hate him.

The Tories have totally lost control of the "leave" camp now. Not sure where that takes them but I feel like a second referendum actually is the only thing that can save them.

Edited by Rayvin

Will a second referendum even do that now. Let's be honest here. At heart is the problem here Brexit or something much deeper. The people of the UK which are a product of our toxic political system and media. Throw in the Internet and voila. Catastrophe. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Will a second referendum even do that now. Let's be honest here. At heart is the problem here Brexit or something much deeper. The people of the UK which are a product of our toxic political system and media. Throw in the Internet and voila. Catastrophe. 

It's a fucking psychosis. At a certain point the leave side just stopped making the argument that Brexit was going to improve our lives. They've had to stick to the 'will of the people' and 'can't thwart democracy' lines. We're essentially ruining our country out of stubbornness right now. We've set our course and we shall not deviate no matter what the circumstances. How terribly British.

Edited by ewerk

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's a fucking psychosis. At a certain point the leave side just stopped making the argument that Brexit was going to improve our lives. They've had to stick to the 'will of the people' and 'can't thwart democracy' lines. We're essentially ruining our country out of stubbornness right now. We've set our course and we shall not deviate no matter what the circumstances. How terribly British.

This is why I'm unconvinced about another ref. There was even some talk of the tories being okay with it if no deal was an option. If that happens then the remain goal line clearance is definitely a non-starter. 

1 minute ago, NJS said:

This is why I'm unconvinced about another ref. There was even some talk of the tories being okay with it if no deal was an option. If that happens then the remain goal line clearance is definitely a non-starter. 

To be fair no deal might motivate a few more casual remainers to get out and vote. A second referendum is pretty much the only way remain can win.

I'd like someone to explain to me how no deal can be an option on a (presumably mandatory) referendum when it makes the UK break an international agreement? Doesn't that put us in the category of a rogue state? It's one thing for it to happen by accident but another for the government to actually legislate for it. 

40 minutes ago, NJS said:

Why does No Deal being an option run as a bad thing? Ultimately, if there are enough people to vote for it that it overcomes all other options, then that's just how it is. At least there will be an actual mandate for it at that point instead of a politicised fantasy.

If Remain can't win a re-run after the shitshow we've seen, then we just have to hold our hands up and admit that the stupid have won the day. We would have no legitimacy in continuing to fight it, not now that we actually have a much clearer understanding of what the options mean.

I'm begrudgingly starting to think that May is trying to do the right thing for the country now, presumably having accepted that her bluff has been called and her gambit failed. The longer she stays in power and heads off the extreme elements, the better. If she can get a second referendum on the table before she goes, I'll give her some small credit.

Edited by Rayvin