Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

How much traction has this strategic voting got? I'll turn out and vote LIb Deb but can't help thinking it'll be a Brexit Party landslide here

Even if it is, your vote going to the LDs instead of Labour sends a message to Labour leadership.

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Even if it is, your vote going to the LDs instead of Labour sends a message to Labour leadership.

I doubt my vote alone will do that though ;) that's why I'm curious as to how much this has caught on

8 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I doubt my vote alone will do that though ;) that's why I'm curious as to how much this has caught on

Well according to the poll above, which won't embed for some reason but is worth checking out, the answer is yes, it is making a difference:

Final YouGov / Times European Election poll - Brexit party on 37% - Tories 5th in 7% - Labour now comfortably 6 points behind the Lib Dems - Lib Dem’s 3-1 taking votes from 2017 Lab supporters over Tories - Brexit party 65% Tory 13% Lab

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So I make that 39% vs. 40% uneqivocally remain vs. unequivically leave. But with labour being more remain and having twice the share of the tories, it's pointing to a remain victory in a head on referendum. But still ridiculosly narrow and greatly concerning so many people have been conned into thinking WTO Brexit is a preferable outcome ffs. 

Just now, Renton said:

So I make that 39% vs. 40% uneqivocally remain vs. unequivically leave. But with labour being more remain and having twice the share of the tories, it's pointing to a remain victory in a head on referendum. But still ridiculosly narrow and greatly concerning so many people have been conned into thinking WTO Brexit is a preferable outcome ffs. 

Yeah but this is the fucking stupid thing about Labour, they're just hiding a decent chunk of Remainers.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2019/05/22/the-remain-strategy-region-by-region-voting-guide

Check your latest pick, Remoaners!  @Meenzer yours is now Change UK apparently...

Mm. I can see the logic based on the results last time and all, plus Gavin Esler seems a decent sort, but I think I'm going to stupidly put my faith in a full-on pro-LD swing here that could net them a third MEP.

Famous last words...

20 hours ago, Renton said:

Thats like being on death row and wanting to get it over with, rather than pray for a final reprieve.

The reason we are paralysed and can't move on is because Brexit makes no logical sense. The constant lies from the leavers, lapped up by the gullible or malevolent, have led is to this cul de sac with no good outcome. Whoever delivers it, or doesn't deliver it, is fucked. Now you being a non UK resident just want us to do something and i can see why. This is also what the brexiters now want, the EU ro make the decision for us so they can blame them. But will that work for them? I don't think it works for whoever is PM tbh.

Fair comment.  I completely agree that it makes no sense whatsoever, and if I was still there I would have been firmly in the remain camp.  

I am not sure what the answer is, but Brexit is not the answer.  I understand your position regarding a second referendum, as well, because you are now stuck in a completely fractured country where about half are stupid and the others apparently have no say, now, because of the lies spouted 3 years ago and the continued ineptitude of the opposition.  

As has been said more than once, if Corbyn was not an avowed Brexiteer (which he seems to think no one knows), Brexit could have been rejected as not being in the interests of the Country as a whole. 

Of course, MPs should have been making that decision themselves, not giving up hard decisions to the ill-informed and stupid.  Ironically, the only reason for the referendum was to avoid the implosion of the Conservative party, and all it has done is to hasten it.  

Anyway, best of luck :( 

19 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

It'll be a bit like getting your cards as PM from a  deputy regional sales manager (east midlands) for a firm of sanitation engineers:cuppa:

That sounds more like a bitter episode from your own personal experience, Rob. :lol:

P.s. just had a quote for a job and he was your double. Do you have any Ukrainian relatives?

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Polling station completely empty at lunch time. Wonder what turnout will be...

Mine had a steady trickle of people coming and going.

Edited by Sonatine

Busy at mine at 5.30. 

Though obviously we don’t count according to the U.K. political parties and pundits.

Yes, that chip is still there.

Edited by ewerk

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Busy at mine at 5.30. 

Though obviously we don’t count according to the U.K. political parties and pundits.

Yes, that chip is still there.

Potato chip, tbs. 

I was trying to work out who the gammons were. Ours are the elderly tory variety.