Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Every serious Remainer I know was out to vote today. Let's hope there's enough of us.

My mate has been very against Brexit, couldn't be arsed to send off his postal vote, his wife too. Two gammons could have been anulled. Was quite pissed off at him. Oh aye, and he lives in Sunderland too. 

Edited by Renton

43 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm headed to Dorset in the summer. Piddlehinton or something like that. 

Piddle Valley, north of Dorchester :good:

Nice. Dull as shit, but nice :)

This is in the neighbouring Cerne Valley though....

C252FA24-F017-43DE-B5C6-06E9378F01CB.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Renton said:

My mate has been very against Brexit, couldn't be arsed to send off his postal vote, his wife too. Two gammons could have been anulled. Was quite pissed off at him. Oh aye, and he lives in Sunderland too. 

Why. What is the point in any of the rest of us trying to do anything, if people aren't going to make a basic level of effort.

21 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Piddle Valley, north of Dorchester :good:

Nice. Dull as shit, but nice :)

This is in the neighbouring Cerne Valley though....

C252FA24-F017-43DE-B5C6-06E9378F01CB.jpeg

He's gonna be pretty red faced in the summer when I turn up. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Why. What is the point in any of the rest of us trying to do anything, if people aren't going to make a basic level of effort.

It's just this attitude that one vote makes no difference. He said he was making a protest. I pointed out he'd have to spoil and return his ballot for that to be true. Boils my piss tbh. Next time he moans about hus kids losing out on opportunities or losing his EHIC I'll remind him. 

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He's gonna be pretty red faced in the summer when I turn up. 

I suppose a can of white spray paint and the application of some spunk squirts has been done before?

This is well worth reading. I have come to the same conclusion independently. It's why I think Johnson will find a way out of becoming PM, again. 

Brexit broke this prime minister, just like it broke the last one. But it won't end there. It'll break the next one too. And it'll keep on breaking them, until we admit what it is.

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2019/05/23/this-prime-minister-was-destroyed-by-brexit-and-the-next-one

• Like 1

I've no sympathy for her. She's a large part of the reason why we are where we are. She lied to the people until something had to be written down in an agreement and she could lie no more. By this point she had raised expectations among Brexiters to such unrealistic heights that the backlash was going to be more severe than ever once it dawned on them that they couldn't have their cake. 

She's a vile, xenophobic coward and will go down in history as one of the worst politicians ever to hold the highest office in the land.

• Like 3

Yep. Arguably the worst PM ever, eclipsing even Cameron. But you know what? The next one will be even worse. We're like mackems desperately changing managers, each worse than the preceding one. Death spiral. 

I hope that mackem twat CT is happy with himself. He's reduced us all to mackems. 

Anyway. 

I'm glad we have taken Donald Tusk's advice and not wasted any time of the generous extension they gifted us or anything like that. :icon_lol:

This country man. 

I don't think these election results are going to make much difference for Remain tbh. May going means the Tories will see an opportunity to reform the line, as it were, and I think the line will be on No Deal.

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't think these election results are going to make much difference for Remain tbh. May going means the Tories will see an opportunity to reform the line, as it were, and I think the line will be on No Deal.

But the majority of Parliament are against no deal. It can happen, don't get me wrong, but you'd think the consequences of deliberately letting it happen would be politically catastrophic for any incumbent PM. Pound collapsing, economic recession, queues at Dover, moves for the break up of the UK, etc. Who wants to be at the wheel when that happens? It's a genuine question I can't get my head round. Read the Ian Dunt piece I posted 

I will once I'm done with work, but surely that PM can point to the blind devotion to the cause of the Brexiteer masses as a teflon coating for the whole thing?

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I will once I'm done with work, but surely that PM can point to the blind devotion to the cause of the Brexiteer masses as a teflon coating for the whole thing?

Yeah, not really though. People are fickle and Brexiters will be thin on the ground come next GE if a hard crash comes about. You can't feed your family on imaginary sovereignty. 

Someone like Boris will know no deal  simply can't be pulled off politically. If he doesn't know it now he will if he is PM with full access to the civil service (as I don't think he's an idiot I suspect he listens to experts). Economy. Security. And, ironically, the Union, down the pan. Will he go for that? 

Put it another way. If no deal is possible, why was May prepared to end her political career rather than embrace it, which she could have done easily? The answer is, because its not doable. 

Now I realise I contradict myself often but this is my current chain of thought. Even if we do no deal, possibly by accident), I expect will have to sign up to something very like the WA within 6 months. Now that will be a compete national humiliation I don't think any leader can survive. 

Johnson has delivered a speech this afternoon saying that the UK will leave the EU on 31 October with or without a deal. 

Now where have we heard that before. It's fucking groundhog day.