Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, NJS said:

Did he drive to Bradford, vote for him and then brag about it on TV? 

Brag about it? Did you see his interview? He admitted it after direct questioning and didn't show anything but regret it had came to that. Much like many of us on here I suspect. 

I know you have a bitter hatred of New Labour but some honesty and less hypocrisy would be welcome. Corbyn has been contrary his entire time as a backbencher, sniping the leadership from a distance. To expel Campbell for doing what 50% of labour voters, members and probably backbench MPs did is deplorable and counter productive. Labour members and voters have had enough of the stupid old goat. 

Edited by Renton

I don't hate new Labour - I just think they failed to right enough wrongs. 

If you join an organisation you follow the rules - I don't think a lying warmonger should be an exception. 

14 minutes ago, NJS said:

If you join an organisation you follow the rules - I don't think a lying warmonger should be an exception. 

Give over. Corbyn broke the whip 428 times as a backbencher ffs. If voting Libdem last Thursday means exclusion from the party, half the membership should resign. 

Edited by Renton

21 minutes ago, NJS said:

So you agree that Corbyn should be expelled?

So Bercow has confirmed that MPs will be able to block no deal Brexit. That means any PM that forces it through by deliberate inaction would be in serious shit imo. Probably what Jeremy Hunt and Hammond have been alluding to. How on Earth are the Conservatives getting out of this self created mess? 

Hilarious that Alistair Campbell has been expelled from Labour 24 hrs after revealing that he voted Lib Dem (like many other Labour voters). If only the party reacted as swiftly to Labour members who are openly anti-Semitic !

11 hours ago, NJS said:

I understood the rule was voting for another party - if I'm wrong and it's just expressing support for another party then fair enough 

Your vote is private at the the of the day. For all we and they know Corbyn could have voted Green - that's a rule they could never police. 

On 5/27/2019 at 17:03, Renton said:

And btw, has anyone clocked that one of the Brexit Party's candidates for the NE lives in the south of France? The hypocrisy of these people is staggering.

Surely the hypocrisy is standing for election to a Parliament of which you don't want your Country to be a part - but that is Farage to a "t".  He has made a significant living out of it for years.

Ross Atkin (@rossatkin) Tweeted:
There were some not very useful infographics of the EU election data going around yesterday and some dodgy takes based on them. I’ve tried to visualise the results here in a way that you can meaningfully compare them with voting in the 2016 referendum. 👇 #infographic #brexit https://t.co/Z7YaTVWeh9

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Ross Atkin (@rossatkin) Tweeted:
There were some not very useful infographics of the EU election data going around yesterday and some dodgy takes based on them. I’ve tried to visualise the results here in a way that you can meaningfully compare them with voting in the 2016 referendum. 👇 #infographic #brexit https://t.co/Z7YaTVWeh9

That's a great infographic. 

I'm not sure about it to be honest, I think it's an oversimplification.

I would be very surprised if around 4m people actually want to leave with a deal, given that no particular flavour of deal is being seriously talked about anymore. I think that's 4m tribal voters.

The point about the other 16m or so who didn't vote scans though, and I think should really come out in favour of Remain in the end. No Deal Brexit is an extreme position, and it's hard to imagine anyone who really wants it, not having come out to vote for it in these elections. As such, I think that with Remain being 'non-extreme' (however much the No Dealers try to characterise it as such, this should be easily dismissed), it will naturally pick up the majority of the electorate that aren't really arsed either way.

I think c.6m might be the full extent of the people really committed to No Deal. I daresay they'll pick up some stragglers as the interest intensifies, but if we have a straight choice between No Deal and Remain, they're fucked. I'd be surprised if they hit 40%, despite what the polls say.

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm not sure about it to be honest, I think it's an oversimplification.

I would be very surprised if around 4m people actually want to leave with a deal, given that no particular flavour of deal is being seriously talked about anymore. I think that's 4m tribal voters.

The point about the other 16m or so who didn't vote scans though, and I think should really come out in favour of Remain in the end. No Deal Brexit is an extreme position, and it's hard to imagine anyone who really wants it, not having come out to vote for it in these elections. As such, I think that with Remain being 'non-extreme' (however much the No Dealers try to characterise it as such, this should be easily dismissed), it will naturally pick up the majority of the electorate that aren't really arsed either way.

I think c.6m might be the full extent of the people really committed to No Deal. I daresay they'll pick up some stragglers as the interest intensifies, but if we have a straight choice between No Deal and Remain, they're fucked. I'd be surprised if they hit 40%, despite what the polls say.

It's a necessary simplification. But counters the inevitable narrative that these votes mean we have to just get on with Brexit which the tories and Corbyn are spinning. I was actually very relieved by the EU election results. 

Plenty patter from commentators saying this boosts his chances. I fail to see how tbh. Unless the assumption is simply that if you're a Tory, you're a cunt that'll lap this up as one big guffaw.