Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone watching "the debate" at half 6 on 4. I'll stick it on but more in the hope that they make a huge deal of what a cowardly little cunt Johnson is. Enough to somehow affect his march to No. 10.

Rory Stewart is wiping the floor with the other little boys in the room here. And yet he still probably won't get through the next round because he's not certifiable enough for the Tories. 

Sajid Javid's voice is INSANE. He sounds like someone trying to talk while playing the comb. 

Westminster politics is fucked. Watching Rishi Sinai on Politics Live as Johnson’s surrogate and he’s living in a fantasy world. The EU are going to capitulate as soon as they see BJ across the table and the new commission are going to be falling over themselves to reopen the WA. And then repeats all this even while sitting beside an Irish senator who has told him in no uncertain circumstances that it isn’t happening. 

The EU are going to end up kicking us out.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Westminster politics is fucked. Watching Rishi Sinai on Politics Live as Johnson’s surrogate and he’s living in a fantasy world. The EU are going to capitulate as soon as they see BJ across the table and the new commission are going to be falling over themselves to reopen the WA. And then repeats all this even while sitting beside an Irish senator who has told him in no uncertain circumstances that it isn’t happening. 

The EU are going to end up kicking us out.

It's up to us. They can't or won't block us revoking, but almost certainly will block a further extension. It will be us that chooses not to revoke. 

Same endpoint like. I've thought this for some time, although I'm not 100% sure Johnson won't actually revoke {just 99.9% sure). 

Hmmmm, Portillo predicted this in This Week after QT. 

BTW, it turns out I had a bet with my wife that I'd bare my arse in Fenwicks window if Johnson ever became PM (a couple of years back) . Going to have to do a Lineker for the sake of humanity. 

Right someone is going to have to explain that one...

I thought the problem with the NI backstop was it ties the UK into the EU by the back door? But now theres a NI backstop and a separate UK one? :unsure:

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Right someone is going to have to explain that one...

I thought the problem with the NI backstop was it ties the UK into the EU by the back door? But now theres a NI backstop and a separate UK one? :unsure:

It means NI will be in customary and regulatory alignment with the Republic with a border in the Irish Sea. Hence DUP go apeshit and GE time. 

• Like 1

Initially the EU were proposing that the backstop only covered NI. Arlene and the DUP threw their toys out of the pram and the EU made a concession in allowing the UK to essentially all stay in a customs union with NI staying in the SM for areas that affect all-Ireland trade.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ewerk said:

D9Vk8r5XYAEMavY.jpg

I guess we know where CT is off on his holidays...

Thing is, Brexit is liable to break up both the UK and Britain the way things are going. These Brexiters are going to lose the union flag. Also I thought most them were in the "no surrender to the IRA" camp yet here they ate not giving a toss about NI as long as Brexit happens. English nationalism is fucking strange. 

• Like 1

If/when Scotland leaves the UK we're going to have to go through the same shit all over again too....in my lifetime I'll have seen the end of the Soviet Union & the Eastern Block and the end of the UK. Fuckin hell  :huh:

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

If/when Scotland leaves the UK we're going to have to go through the same shit all over again too....in my lifetime I'll have seen the end of the Soviet Union & the Eastern Block and the end of the UK. Fuckin hell  :huh:

Aye. Then again I was watching the Netflix Attenborough programme and he rightly stated that humans had fucked the planet in one single human life span. I may be paraphrasing. ;)

I would support independence now were I Scottish (who ws that Peebles SNP lad again?). A hard border at Berwick and Gretna would be fairly easy to enforce with special arrangements. Scotland's future in the UK is untenable with the current Westminster set up. Johnson is a godsend to Sturgeon.