Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If it was the other way round and he was hardly required to be in Strasbourg at all, you can be sure he'd be tweeting about how wrong it is that MEPs get paid a good salary when they don't have to attend often. It's a coordinated social media campaign to sneer at EU spending and logistics no matter what. The other week you had Annunziata Rees-Mogg ( :lol: :jesuswept: ) "complaining" that she'd been provided with a tablet to do her work on, even though that's vastly more efficient and secure than needing reams of paper and in-person meetings for every little thing. We're living in a post-fact world now and you can shape the narrative however you want, the Brexit Party are just better at realising that than the rest of us.

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Labour won't do anything effective to back remain until November 1st at the earliest.

What could they do apart from try and stop no deal? 

Well it's a fair point that that was on a manifesto of respecting the result. 

The idea of trying to unite both sides wasn't a bad one for a while after the ref but I agree that idea is dead now. 

It is definitely dead, mostly because Labour fucked it up. Those talks with May made it very clear that a Labour Brexit was still a hard Brexit. No point compromising with lunatics.

Labour are the ones who need to move, not Remainers.

I see Dr Fox has become increasingly sweaty and agitated. Is it because he hasnt managed to roll over many of the trade agreemwnts he promised woild be a piece of piss? Has the pennt finally dropped on what we are voluntarily losing out on? 

uybuN0Jh.jpg

"I hear people saying 'oh we won't have any [free trade agreements] before we leave'. Well believe me we'll have up to 40 ready for one second after midnight in March 2019," he told cheering Tory activists.

The Trade Secretary added that "All these faint hearts saying we cannot do it - it's absolute rubbish."

Doesn't change much - the concern for strong remainers will be the intention after an election if he wins - I think he would still try and do a deal which would confuse the shit out of people again. 

I think the problem now is that you could have a situation where the next 3 or 4 GEs contain leave/remain positions which will be untenable. 

You can argue another ref will setlle it all you like but the numbers are such that it's never going to die easily now. 

Well that's the fudge. It's the unions' position that Labour would negotiate their own deal with the EU and then put that to a referendum. Which begs the question, would they campaign for remain against their own deal?

They've once again failed to come out and take a clear stand on Brexit. They're only going to lose ground to the Lib Dems with these tactics.

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Smashing. 

Under what circumstances is there likely to be a public vote though?  

Would he have Labour  campaign for Remain at a GE?  🤔

No. If there is a GE he is going to campaign on getting a better deal and then putting that to a referendum. 

I guess if he undoubtedly comes back with a shit deal, he'll have to campaign against his own deal in a referendum. Genius. :unsure:

Tbh I dont think i can vote for labouf under Corbyn now. Its too late. 

Further complicated by the lib dems offering nothing beyond remain as a policy - apart from only considering joining a tory coalition if Swinson wins.