Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 minutes ago, Renton said:

No. If there is a GE he is going to campaign on getting a better deal and then putting that to a referendum. 

I guess if he undoubtedly comes back with a shit deal, he'll have to campaign against his own deal in a referendum. Genius. :unsure:

Tbh I dont think i can vote for labouf under Corbyn now. Its too late. 

The only way Labour get me back on side for this is if they literally come out and say that they will 100% give us a referendum with remain as an option. No more deals, negotiations, whatever, just a fucking referendum. If they can announce that loudly and clearly, I will vote for them.

38 minutes ago, NJS said:

You can argue another ref will setlle it all you like but the numbers are such that it's never going to die easily now. 

If we had another vote, and people were able to look at the ACTUAL options (i.e. No Deal, May's Deal, Remain) and they still voted for even No Deal, I would accept it.

The unconscionable, undemocratic and totally fucking stupid position we're now in with the country being split hasn't come about because Remainers can't accept the result of a referendum, it's come about because the Tories have been free to interpret the outcome of an almost 50:50 vote as a mandate to get the most extreme version of the outcome possible, for which they are prepared to actually break apart the fucking country. The position we find ourselves was never credibly discussed before the original vote, and is the reason why this desperately needs another referendum. If the country votes to annihilate itself next time out, I firmly believe most Remainers will just accept it sadly. But we are the only ones in the country at the moment who can actually see what has just happened for what it is, and we are not fucking wrong to be trying to stop it. The vote has been fucking hijacked by people who are at this point, effectively right wing extremists - all to save the fucking Tory party. Labour's total refusal to show some backbone on this issue has been an absolute disgrace, and I say this as someone who was firmly wedded to the Corbyn project. It's sickening. It's a betrayal.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The only way Labour get me back on side for this is if they literally come out and say that they will 100% give us a referendum with remain as an option. No more deals, negotiations, whatever, just a fucking referendum. If they can announce that loudly and clearly, I will vote for them.

If we had another vote, and people were able to look at the ACTUAL options (i.e. No Deal, May's Deal, Remain) and they still voted for even No Deal, I would accept it.

The unconscionable, undemocratic and totally fucking stupid position we're now in with the country being split hasn't come about because Remainers can't accept the result of a referendum, it's come about because the Tories have been free to interpret the outcome of an almost 50:50 vote as a mandate to get the most extreme version of the outcome possible, for which they are prepared to actually break apart the fucking country. The position we find ourselves was never credibly discussed before the original vote, and is the reason why this desperately needs another referendum. If the country votes to annihilate itself next time out, I firmly believe most Remainers will just accept it sadly. But we are the only ones in the country at the moment who can actually see what has just happened for what it is, and we are not fucking wrong to be trying to stop it. The vote has been fucking hijacked by people who are at this point, effectively right wing extremists - all to save the fucking Tory party. Labour's total refusal to show some backbone on this issue has been an absolute disgrace, and I say this as someone who was firmly wedded to the Corbyn project. It's sickening. It's a betrayal.

In a nutshell, this.

The ERG or equivalent have cost the three of the last four tory PMs their jobs and will do the same to anybody remotely moderate unless that person has the cajones to actually fight the cunts like Major did. Since thats obviously not going to be the case, one final wish to come ouf of this mess is for the tory party to die, for good. I no longer care if they take labour with them at this point in time. 

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

A new ref will absolutely not be any different to the last one in terms of arguments and there are millions who won't accept another leave vote - just as there are now millions who wouldn't accept remain.

I think it should happen but as I've said it's going to be a shit cure all either way. 

32 minutes ago, NJS said:

A new ref will absolutely not be any different to the last one in terms of arguments and there are millions who won't accept another leave vote - just as there are now millions who wouldn't accept remain.

I think it should happen but as I've said it's going to be a shit cure all either way. 

It wouldn't be the same in that a. the Leave campaign can no longer talk shit about how easy a deal would be and how we're all going to be better off for it and b. remain will hopefully learn from the mistakes they made in the campaign last time.

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It wouldn't be the same in that a. the Leave campaign can no longer talk shit about how easy a deal would be and how we're all going to be better off for it and b. remain will hopefully learn from the mistakes they made in the campaign last time.

Agree with b but not hopeful - there'll be too much "see, told you" and not enough (again) about what the benefits are. 

Given the number of people who are embracing no deal who don't even care what happens I don't think a. is a given either. 

• Like 1

There are a significant number of hardcore leavers who won't change their mind regardless of the consequences. As always, you win from the middle, those who aren't entirely committed either way and those who didn't get out and vote last time because they thought a win for remain was inevitable.

On 1/26/2019 at 07:35, ewerk said:

This GATT XXIV shit needs shut down soon, it’s simply not what it was designed for.

I could have told him that six months ago.

What a complete cunt Johnson is, he's making Hunt look good. No wonder he's avoided these debates until it doesn't matter. He's atrocious. An absolute bumbling shambles of a fucktwat of a man. 

I didn’t watch this time after the last car crash. We watched a mock the week from seemingly 3 weeks ago and a half watched episode of Vera :)

Lots of this, apparently confirmed by TT’s Chief Political Correspondent ewerk :good: 

6 hours ago, ewerk said:

What a bumbling fucking buffoon. Talks constantly without saying anything at all.

Trump-lite and there are enough hillbilly racists to accept him on that basis.

Edited by RobinRobin

20 hours ago, Renton said:

No. If there is a GE he is going to campaign on getting a better deal and then putting that to a referendum. 

I guess if he undoubtedly comes back with a shit deal, he'll have to campaign against his own deal in a referendum. Genius. :unsure:

This isn't the case according to Starmer. The unions' position was rejected by shadow cabinet. At least they know that the party needs to go full remain.

I dunno but I don't see how this gets through parliament. Not only that but it would be terrible for our economy as investment completely dries up while the status of our relationship is unresolved for a long, long time.

The fucking state of this. Wanted protections for workers and the environment and didn't get them. Now prepared to drive all of us off a cliff and put it down to a bad poker hand. What an absolute cunt.

• Like 1

There's every chance the Dutch will hold next year's Eurovision in Maastricht. I know it's not important in the grand scheme of things but I love a good bit of low-level trolling. :D 

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, ewerk said:

The fucking state of this. Wanted protections for workers and the environment and didn't get them. Now prepared to drive all of us off a cliff and put it down to a bad poker hand. What an absolute cunt.

Just another coward acting in their own interests