Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Renton said:

Bad time of year to be calling us brethren. <_<

I think he nails it as British exceptionalism. So many people in the UK who never lived during the age of the empire have absolutely no idea of their country's place in the world. Yes, the UK is one of the bigger players but it no longer sits in the top tier of nations. Being part of the EU meant we were at least part of one of the major players, without them we have very little real influence.

• Like 2

The thing is these empire worshipping stupid old fuckers who hark back to wwii (but can't have lived through it) may have lived through the Suez crisis. As I understand it that was a watershed in the UK being rudely woken up as to its new place in the world when the US and the Soviet Union basically slapped it down. 

I think the whole thing shows history in the UK has been taught very badly for decades. 

Jeremy Hunt on BBC Breakfast just now, basically saying that he thinks Trump's comments are racist but he won't call them racist because we need America on our side post-Brexit.

I must say I'm delighted by all this control we've taken back.

He didn't, but he added an extra sprinkling of powdered shit by refusing to actually say "racism", or as he called it, "the 'R' word". Because apparently the word "racism" itself needs to be censored because that's how sensitive our best friend in the world is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's becoming increasingly obvious that the "we survived the war, we can survive this!" brigade (who weren't born when the war happened) actually want to live through warlike conditions and the deprivation that follows. They feel like they missed out compared with the sacrifices of the Greatest Generation and they're somehow lesser people as a result. This whole thing is going ahead because of sheer bloody-minded gammon insecurity.

It's not these politicians that scare me. It's the huge number of the public who blindly follow them. How can you cheer the utter garbage they come out with. And then, of you point this out to them, they gammon flounce, like Farage there. Looks like he is going to explode, he's incandescent with rage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

It's not these politicians that scare me. It's the huge number of the public who blindly follow them. How can you cheer the utter garbage they come out with. And then, of you point this out to them, they gammon flounce, like Farage there. Looks like he is going to explode, he's incandescent with rage.

This is absolutely it for me. Johnson could barely be less convincing. How the majority of people can’t see through him is scary as fuck 

Leave twat on the next desk to me was spouting this morning about it'll all blow over after a few months after no deal when it "settles down" - imbecile. 

In a way it might give Johnson a way out. We know he doesn't give a shit about the EU or the UK, he just cares about himself. In fact he has europhile tendencies. He knows no deal is untenable with anything other than a very short stint as PM. 

He might be able to bluster that he has tried his best to deliver but the EU and parliament have blocked him so now it requires a second referendum to get out of the stalemate. Afaik he hasn't explicitly ruled out a second referendum and he has constantly avoided saying he will resign if we are not out on Halloween. I think a 2nd ref is back on the cards. 

5 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Jeremy Hunt on BBC Breakfast just now, basically saying that he thinks Trump's comments are racist but he won't call them racist because we need America on our side post-Brexit.

I must say I'm delighted by all this control we've taken back.

This is quite incredible.

We decided to leave the EU. We set the red lines we knew would impoverish us. It's the EU's fault. :CT:

This is like a court defence of "she made me do it". Cunt is a shambles of a man. We all knew brexiters would never accept responsibility for their actions and seek to blame everybody else. But to hear it like this is jaw droppingly stupid. 

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's the assertion that it's the EU playing politics, not the UK that is the most staggering.

Agreed. Johnson said the same thing a couple of years ago. Barnier et al. were agog iirc. 

So for us it's not political, it's economic? :unsure: Can Hunt show any evidence at all it is not economically harmful, let alone beneficial? It's entirely political and entirely of one politixal party's doing, the massive arsehole.