Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 hours ago, Meenzer said:

It's becoming increasingly obvious that the "we survived the war, we can survive this!" brigade (who weren't born when the war happened) actually want to live through warlike conditions and the deprivation that follows. They feel like they missed out compared with the sacrifices of the Greatest Generation and they're somehow lesser people as a result. This whole thing is going ahead because of sheer bloody-minded gammon insecurity.

They don't like it up em Captain Mainwaring :soldier:

14 hours ago, ewerk said:

It's the assertion that it's the EU playing politics, not the UK that is the most staggering.

Literally the only way they can spin it.  The gammons will lap it up, because it fits with their view of life, not with reality.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Hunt having to apologise for forgetting to vote today. This dickhead wants to be PM and he can't even remember to do the basics of his job. 

He has no interest in doing anything other than being PM, including doing his current job.  Pure self-indulgent narcissism - not that Johnson is any better (or Corbyn would be for that matter)

BAU

Correct me if I'm getting my denpressure wrong, but if the Apollo re-entry had been actually frictionless, wouldn't they have... crashed and burned horrendously?

In other words, an apt comparison for once.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So Johnson will not engage with the EU at all now unless it completely drops the backstop. Looks like the ERG have taken control and this was the plan all along to me. Meanwhile the pound is plunging to new lows  against the dollar. Great news for disaster capitalists, not so much for my holiday kitty. We're so fucked at this point, it's untrue.

Oh, and we're spending 100 million quid of our own money on an ERG propaganda campaign.  Whoop. 

Edited by Renton

He has set the EU an impossible ask as a pre-requisite to talks. He seems to be refusing to meet Merkel or Macron and hasn't even picked up the phone to speak to Varadkar.

He's burying his head in the sand, maybe hoping that parliament stop no deal? Part of me thinks that there must be a plan but having seen how his predecessor operated it's highly likely that he simply hasn't got a clue.

I can't see any way out of no deal now other than a VoNC very soon to trigger a GE. Trouble is, I think the conservatives will stand on a no deal platform and likely win an overall majority meaning we crash out on Halloween with an extreme right wing party in power led by a cunt for a guaranteed 5 years. Our parliamentary system wasn't designed to cope with this. Johnson will effectively be king with absolute power and it would require a literal revolution to topple him.

I hope I'm wrong about him getting elected but the main opposition is pathetic with Corbyn as leader, and I can't see Lib Dems doing anything but split the opposition vote. There are simply too many gammons like CT who are thick as pigshit. You can get an absolute majority with 35% in this country and then you have complete unfettered power. This is the start of our disaster, not the middle or end, I fear.

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

parliament isn't going to stand for no deal - let's not shit the bed just yet. 

Parliament can do shit all to prevent it. It is the default option and please tell me how parliament can force this government of nutters to ask for an extension. The nuclear option is all that's left. I think it'll be used but am not confident of a good GE result, it might get worse  

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Parliament can do shit all to prevent it. It is the default option and please tell me how parliament can force this government of nutters to ask for an extension. The nuclear option is all that's left. I think it'll be used but am not confident of a good GE result, it might get worse  

i don't think johnson is completely divorced from reality. he craves power and forcing through no deal would be the end of him. 

but there are other options for MPs beyond the nuclear one, which i think they would go for, if johnson is indeed intent on driving us over the cliff edge - i'm still not convicned he is. 

What a cunt Raab is. He's saying no deal was always part of the leave campaign, and accusing the BBC of institutional bias in not reporting what he said before the referendum.  Turns out nobody can find any reference to him or anyone else of this pack of cunts saying this was a possibility. Quite the opposite in fact.

The only people who predicted it were remain campaigners who were silenced with PROJECT FEAR. Of course, who can forget the cracking deal we were going to get?

:CT:

IMG_20190730_122441.jpg

I don't think that affects the chances of no deal at all. Throughout the entire process the Brexiters have been impervious to facts and reality, why would that change now?

• Like 1