Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BBC interviewed three farmers on the news. All of them knew that no deal would ruin their businesses but one of them said they’d still vote out and another said we still have to leave on 31st October regardless.

They really don’t deserve a vote.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ewerk said:

BBC interviewed three farmers on the news. All of them knew that no deal would ruin their businesses but one of them said they’d still vote out and another said we still have to leave on 31st October regardless.

Not just the turkeys voting for Christmas then.

20 hours ago, ewerk said:

What was the justification? Just the usual bollocks?

I mean, did they acknowledge that it would ruin them?

Well they acknowledged that no deal would ruin them.

Of course being the BBC there was no follow up on why they felt that way, it was just comment presented without examination or analysis.

I genuinely don’t think that’s representative of two thirds of farmers in this country right now. Though I may be wrong on that.

Martin believes the EU are a “protectionist cartel” and claims he can plunge his pint prices because Wetherspoon can do better deals with firms outside of the EU.

The import tariff on wine from Australia, Argentina, New Zealand, the US and plonk from South Africa is set to fall to zero per cent in the result of a No Deal Brexit.

Wine from Australia has a maximum of 8p a bottle tariff, Chile is zero as will most of South American wines soon, most South African wine is tariff free.

It’s hard to know if Tim Martin knows this or is just thick as fuck.

6 hours ago, ewerk said:

Wine from Australia has a maximum of 8p a bottle tariff, Chile is zero as will most of South American wines soon, most South African wine is tariff free.

It’s hard to know if Tim Martin knows this or is just thick as fuck.

I am not sure how it does affect beer prices but he is welcome to tariff free piss from all those countries..,