Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Johnson needs two thirds of MPs to vote for a snap GE to force it through parliament. Assuming the anti-no deal alliance legislate against his negotiating strategy, wouldn’t they also vote against Johnson if he calls a GE? Just to bury no deal altogether? It would take a lot of rebels on both sides of the house to do it as Corbyn is clearly going to whip for it. 

I don't understand, seriously, how Corbyn has continuously managed to be the second most terrifying person in the room on Brexit after Johnson. I'd currently rank him ahead of Farage on that metric.

• Like 1

I still think he's just a figurehead, sadly. Whenever anything relevant happens that he needs to pivot on, he trots out Labour's previously held position, despite it no longer having relevancy, and then two days later he's rolled out with a more nuanced version of the position that they've programmed him with.

58 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If the amendment passes, and the GE vote fails, can the government be subject to a vote of no confidence anyway? And could a Labour/SNP/Lib Dem coalition take over?

The government could hold a vote of no confidence in itself or Corbyn could call one.

This high theatre of just fascinating. People ask questions and then sit down on their phones, I doubt anyone changes their minds as it happens. What is it for? Until Brexit did anyone actually even pay any attention?

So this has to be the play for Remain, surely. We can get the motherfucking referendum that way. Labour can walk away without blame cos the people will decide no matter what, and then we can go on from there with the Tories in ruins.