Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Conservatives to go for a VONC in itself, with the opposition successfully opposing at this rate. You literally couldn't make this shit up, really.

Every time i go on holiday I come back to a more insane UK. 

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Quite a few big beasts about to have the Tory whip removed 

So Johnson is already leading a minority government. This will mean he will be leading a super minority government and unable to enact a GE? What then? He's fucked isnt he?

I'm not sure about this stance from Corbyn. Ok so the bill gets passed first, great, but if the GE is still pre-exit date, then it potentially changes nothing.

A GE isn't the way to solve this. I would have said that simply rejecting the GE, forcing a vote of no confidence and then trying to create a new government through coalition with the sole aim of getting a referendum through, would be the way to go.

A GE opens the door for Boris to come back with a bigger mandate.

A GE would have to see Johnson campaign on a mandate of no deal. That’s the only way to keep the Brexit Party at bay but could see them losing moderate voters.

I think no matter what we do he’s fucked.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

So Johnson is already leading a minority government. This will mean he will be leading a super minority government and unable to enact a GE? What then? He's fucked isnt he?

How is he fucked??  He needed to purge the party of remainers so he can enter a general election with a clear pro brexit mandate, deal or no deal.  Labour/Libdem will split the remain vote.

I read earlier today that as a current member of the EU, we can veto our own extension request, which could use it to push through a general election.

31 minutes ago, ewerk said:

A GE would have to see Johnson campaign on a mandate of no deal. That’s the only way to keep the Brexit Party at bay but could see them losing moderate voters.

I think no matter what we do he’s fucked.

BP will get a lot of votes from the conservatives if Johnson can't deliver. They'll be split with them in Brexit shires, fall to the LDs in the SW, and eliminated in Scotland. Maybe the ousted wets might stand as independents causing a few losses.  I would like to think we'll get a labour/SNP/LD coalition in the event of a GE.

Edited by Renton

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

How is he fucked??  He needed to purge the party of remainers so he can enter a general election with a clear pro brexit mandate, deal or no deal.  Labour/Libdem will split the remain vote.

I read earlier today that as a current member of the EU, we can veto our own extension request, which could use it to push through a general election.

Have you heard of the fixed term parliament act, which Cameron introduced. No way can he get a 2/3 majority to get his GE. He knows this hence his tantrum.

Your last sentence is complete bull shit. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Have you heard of the fixed term parliament act, which Cameron introduced. No way can he get a 2/3 majority to get his GE. He knows this hence his tantrum.

Your last sentence is complete bull shit. 

Well thats nonsense.  All he has to do is pass a bill that says "Notwithstanding the Fixed-term Parliaments Act, we will have a general election on 14 October.", which would only require a majority. link

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

He didn't have the face of someone who looked like they were getting everything they wanted. And he was humiliated earlier when he had to actually respond to pressing questions.

I thought we were inevitably heading for No Deal, but now, seeing his abject performance tonight, I'm actually more positive. No one on the 'No Deal' side had any answers to anything, they just ran away from all questions and scrutiny.

He doesn't have the balls to veto the extension. He doesn't even have enough balls to resign when he gets forced to ask for an extension.