Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is clearly going to be a tedious week. Cummings appears to have come out all guns blazing.

As for that NI backstop issue, surely they would need a majority to get that through parliament. One they won't get. Not that i understand it from that tweet.

Fully agree. Only way to end it is Remain though, it's going to drag on for a decade with No Deal.

As it stands, if it is No Deal, I'm just not going to bother voting again. Nothing we can vote on after that, probably at least for a generation, is going to make up for what we will lose. The Tories can just have at it.

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Can somebody cleverer than me explain this apparent fresh lunacy please? 

Basically NI would remain in the CU and SM (for all intents and purposes) and GB would leave both. Putting a hard border down the Irish Sea.

It’s likely to be a very good result for NI.

It would mean leaving with a deal and the two year transition period that goes with that.

• Like 1

Just now, ewerk said:

Basically NI would remain in the CU and SM (for all intents and purposes) and GB would leave both. Putting a hard border down the Irish Sea.

It’s likely to be a very good result for NI.

It would mean leaving with a deal and the two year transition period that goes with that.

I suppose given that the DUP no longer matter this is potentially feasible, but it does mean that if Johnson campaigns on this platform he will in effect be giving +10 MPs to the Remain side.

• Like 1

Yeah I said a while ago on here and Gemmill reiterated it recently that loads of people think no deal is an end point rather than it just being the start of negotiations with our bargaining power greatly diminished. 

I would guess that it's an attempt to call the opposition's bluff..? It makes today the last time they can do anything to avert No Deal. They either sit tight and hope that what they've done is strong enough to get us through this, or they VONC him and take control themselves, with all the consequences that entails.

Apparently No. 10 has just seen polling that suggests that if there was an election now they would do worse than Theresa May. Although that obviously doesn't mean we're out of the woods since the Brexit Party could be picking the seats up instead.

I’d love to know what the other EU members thoughts are on the UK, if they’d rather we just fucked off, if they’d rather we cancelled the whole thing and stayed- and if that happened, what our status in the EU would be? 

20 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Really? 

He was just as bad as the current lot. 

I don't see Cameron breaking the law or avoiding doing what Parliament says. I mean Number 10 has just confirmed that if they pass this vote to have the government release Yellowhammer and private whatsapp messages to prove proroguing was in order to ensure No Deal - they will simply ignore it. Cameron was an asshat, but no way he'd be doing this. The country is actually, without exaggeration, being hijacked by a man who could best be described as an absolute clusterfuck of an individual, and someone who I can only assume is a chartered psychopath.

This is worse than Cameron.