Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Johnson has put his own self before 60 million people (and destroyed the Tories in the process) but I'm not going to argue this any further, I respect I'm in a minority.

I agree with you  Johnson and Cummings are uniquely special cunts.

I don't necessarily think there is equivalence between Cameeon and Johnson. I don't see evidence Cameron is a racist or misogynist. I don't recall Cameron assaulting his girlfriend or get journalists beaten up. At least he is a family man who I think probably loves his wife, rather than a serial cheater who doesn't know how many kids he has. Does that count for anything? Not much maybe, but it's something. Even Johnson's brother thinks he's unfit to be a PM. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

A family man who leaves his kid at the pub :D

We've all done it. ;)

I'm not saying Cameron isn't a fucking massive cunt, but if there is a hierarchy of cunts, then Johnson is several rungs higher. Imo. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Let's not start looking for the good in David Cameron, please. 

Maybe his redemption story will rival Darth Vader’s and he’ll return to throw Johnson and Cummings to a murky death into the Thames just before parliament explodes into flames. 

28 minutes ago, Renton said:

I agree with you  Johnson and Cummings are uniquely special cunts.

I don't necessarily think there is equivalence between Cameeon and Johnson. I don't see evidence Cameron is a racist or misogynist. I don't recall Cameron assaulting his girlfriend or get journalists beaten up. At least he is a family man who I think probably loves his wife, rather than a serial cheater who doesn't know how many kids he has. Does that count for anything? Not much maybe, but it's something. Even Johnson's brother thinks he's unfit to be a PM. 

HE.FUCKED.A.PIG.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ewerk said:

Basically NI would remain in the CU and SM (for all intents and purposes) and GB would leave both. Putting a hard border down the Irish Sea.

It’s likely to be a very good result for NI.

It would mean leaving with a deal and the two year transition period that goes with that.

Does that not then give Scotland an option to argue they should be allowed to remain in the CU and SM, because it no longer means a breakup of the Union (and Wales)?

8 hours ago, Rayvin said:

That doctor who rubbed JRM up the wrong way claims they're stockpiling body bags for increased mortality post-Brexit. Maybe it's project fear, but one thing I'm fucking certain of is that I wouldn't trust Johnson and Cummings to have given it a second thought, true or not.

I reckon Cummings will have given it a second thought, and will not have cared, but Johnson won't have considered it at all, because it has no relevance to "getting Brexit done". 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Does that not then give Scotland an option to argue they should be allowed to remain in the CU and SM, because it no longer means a breakup of the Union (and Wales)?

They'll certainly argue for it but they won't get it. NI has a claim to it because it's the only part of the UK with a land border with the EU and because of the unique political sensitivities.

To do the same with Scotland would require a hard land border between Scotland and England and that'll never happen.

If Scotland gets indyref2 off the back of GB leaving the EU and votes to leave the UK then what they’ve just been through in the last 3.5 years will look like a walk in the park.   I genuinely fear what life on the Scottish/English border where I was brought up will be like in 20 years time. 

I cant see how any sentinent being thinks either that or the current pile of shit is worth the fuckin candle tbh. I’ve been to some extent a reluctant Remainer, the EU requires reforming to say the least. But the bigger picture is the rise of right wing populism across most western democracies. Otherwise fairly normal people seem to think this is a reasonable road to go down, ignoring the motives of the bad actors  leading us down it and lessons that the events of the mid 20th century were supposed to have taught us. What a fuckin mess.