Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He’s good crack when it comes to cricket but he’s a backward gammon cunt. If his knighthood gets blocked he’ll be absolutely apoplectic because it’s the sort of thing that really matters to him. 

I could listen to him complain about batting all day. No big surprise he was Billy no mates off the pitch. Old school is a polite way to describe him - he once said he would have to black up to get a knighthood :lol:

I don’t think knighting a convicted wife-beater sends out the best message but what does May care about protecting her reputation at this stage?

No deal sounds amazing. What are we waiting for. 

(my mam still wants no deal, or "clean break" as she's now calling it after she heard her hero Farage say it in the last couple of days. We've gone from "no deal" to "WTO" and now "clean break".)

11 hours ago, Gemmill said:

No deal sounds amazing. What are we waiting for. 

(my mam still wants no deal, or "clean break" as she's now calling it after she heard her hero Farage say it in the last couple of days. We've gone from "no deal" to "WTO" and now "clean break".)

It definitely seems to hold a lot of appeal for people who seem to know nothing about what it entails. There’s a lot of talk about the notion of our being failed by our politicians and our political system and there’s obviously a lot of merit to that view. But, fuck me gently, a lot of people make virtually no effort to find anything out about it for themselves. Yet they’re still vehement  they’re in the right. It would be a crazy stance if it wasn’t important 

• Like 2

The "clean break which means the whole thing is done and dusted" narrative seems particularly pervasive and is the one that needs challenging. 

Trying to explain that even if none of the doomsday scenario happens there'll still be months/years of negotiations is a fucking hard task. 

11 minutes ago, NJS said:

The "clean break which means the whole thing is done and dusted" narrative seems particularly pervasive and is the one that needs challenging. 

Trying to explain that even if none of the doomsday scenario happens there'll still be months/years of negotiations is a fucking hard task. 

It's literally the opposite of a clean break. Things will still need to be sorted, but in a much worse environment. 

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Maybe it's not hit your podcast feed thing yet...? I haven't listened btw, but I will do. 

Maybe, I'm just using the google one you recommended (which I like). There was a short new one with Dunt and that Brummie constitutional expert they sometimes have on about what happens next in the Johnson prorogation case. He is in the shit basically.  

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Maybe, I'm just using the google one you recommended (which I like). There was a short new one with Dunt and that Brummie constitutional expert they sometimes have on about what happens next in the Johnson prorogation case. He is in the shit basically.  

That's the emergency podcast, not the regular one.

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I can't see the EU going for this. The DUP would demand a Stormont veto on new EU legislation. The EU will be mindful that Stormont is possibly the most disfunctional legislature in Europe. They aren't going to want to be beholden to the DUP's will.

They may offer NI MEP representation in the European Parliament but they aren't going to give it the same veto powers as a national government.

• Like 1