Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, NJS said:

I saw a poll yesterday where the (still alive) people who voted in 2016 was 52-48 leave and including new voters it was 52-48 remain. Aside from assuming victory ignoring what's is still half the country seems dubious. It also shows the arguments since have been so shit they haven't any visible effect. 

That doesn't sound right, looking at the meta data. There are loads of charts showing a 10 point gap in favour of remain. For instance:

The disparity has continued to grow to a point where the gap in favour of remain is now up to 12 points, compared to before the referendum when it was around 3-4 per cent in favour of leave.

https://theferret.scot/brexit-poll-analysis-backs-remain/

That jock QC in the Supreme Court was great. Nice bit of grandstanding and absolutely clear that he thinks Johnson is a lying cunt. 

Btw Kuennsberg. Johnson has beeb challenged by the father of a sick child on his visit to a hospital today. Kuennsberg couldn't Tweet fast enough that the bloke was a "Labour activist". I used to think a lot of the shit she got was out of order (and clearly a lot of the more extreme stuff was) but she is definitely a wrong un. 

• Like 1

On the BBC right now. An insulin dependent diabetic was asked if he would still support Brexit if that meant his insulin supply was disrupted and he died. He replies yes, because that was democracy.  :jesuswept:

Edit for link. For some, Brexit is literally a death cult. 

Edited by Renton
  • Jaysus... 2

I've received an email from my freight company detailing all the extra information and paperwork that's going to be required from both me and my customer if I want to send goods 25 miles down the road just over the border. Needless to say it would be a complete fucking nightmare.

• Jaysus... 1

5 hours ago, Renton said:

On the BBC right now. An insulin dependent diabetic was asked if he would still support Brexit if that meant his insulin supply was disrupted and he died. He replies yes, because that was democracy.  :jesuswept:

Edit for link. For some, Brexit is literally a death cult. 

Brexit will be brilliant. He won't be around to enjoy it, admittedly, but it's a price worth paying

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I can't watch it. 

It hammers home the fact a second vote probably won’t produce the result most of us want and you get a sense of why the polls give Johnson such a big lead. 

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It hammers home the fact a second vote probably won’t produce the result most of us want and you get a sense of why the polls give Johnson such a big lead. 

Johnson has a big lead only because remainers have abandoned Labour for the LDs. Both Labour and the LDs could be in coalition together (if Swinson gets over herself) or at the very least could get enough MPs to vote through a second referendum. Combine those two parties and suddenly Johnson is behind.

Number 10's private polling revealed they currently think he's on course for 290 seats - which is no majority.

I would ignore that lead, it doesn't present the real picture. Especially if he rules out a pact with the BP. And if he rules it in, the LDs will take a bigger number of moderate Tories.

I am convinced a second referendum will put this to bed if we can just get there.

Edited by Rayvin

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

TBH a GE will be a case of throwing the cards up and seeing what way they fall. I certainly wouldn't want to be betting money on the outcome.

I think it looks favourable.

Brexit Party is down for now, which gives Labour some protection - plus they don't have the same reach that Labour do anyway, in terms of activists and campaigners.

The LDs appear to be targeting the Tory moderates. Combined with the sophisticated tactical voting plan that the People's Vote group is going to produce, I think it's odds on that a Remain coalition comes out on top.

Admittedly, this is assuming that Cummings is as smart as he seems to be (not very), and that the surge of Tory facebook campaigning isn't enough to change the flow.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Brexit Party is down for now, which gives Labour some protection - plus they don't have the same reach that Labour do anyway, in terms of activists and campaigners.

They'll be back once there's an actual election date. Farage is at his best (regrettably) when he's got something to campaign for.