Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Why is it impossible? How long does it take to sort out a referendum?

I thought the idea on drugs wasn't stealing it, it was simply denying public funding to anyone who doesn't play ball.

Honestly though man, this is the sort of stuff people will get behind. Labour have looked uncertain and dithering for ages, but Corbyn looks totally confident on this GE. There's a lot of stuff in that speech that I totally support and would love to see come in.

A referendum alone is typically 9 months, after you know what the question choices are. I'm glad you have faith in Corbyn delivering this, because I don't.  

Yeah, let's chase pharma away if they don't give up their drugs for free. Simple solutions for complex problems. Corbyn is just another populist and you're falling for it hook line and sinker. :whistle:

1 minute ago, Renton said:

A referendum alone is typically 9 months, after you know what the question choices are. I'm glad you have faith in Corbyn delivering this, because I don't.  

Yeah, let's chase pharma away if they don't give up their drugs for free. Simple solutions for complex problems. Corbyn is just another populist and you're falling for it hook line and sinker. :whistle:

I just want to remain in the EU :lol:

But having said that, we can either continue to have this abject fucking austerity driven mess that we're currently living under, aided and abetted by the Lib Dems and even old New Labour, or we can have some actual positive change. And if it all falls apart in a few years then the Tories can sweep back in and pretend to be the party of competence again. At least in the meantime we'll have fewer people dying on the streets.

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I just want to remain in the EU :lol:

But having said that, we can either continue to have this abject fucking austerity driven mess that we're currently living under, aided and abetted by the Lib Dems and even old New Labour, or we can have some actual positive change. And if it all falls apart in a few years then the Tories can sweep back in and pretend to be the party of competence again. At least in the meantime we'll have fewer people dying on the streets.

Will we though? It would be nice to just have some evidence based decision making rather than this ridiculous popularism. To go back to Corbyn's example, Orkambi is made and licensed from a US pharmaceutical company who to my knowledge haven't benefitted from the UK government at all. So if he's elected what's he going to do? 

Break international law.

Fork out millions to buy the drug lawfully. 

Or let thousands of CF sufferers down after getting their hope's up?

It's just dishonest. Whether it's from Corbyn or Johnson. A bit more realism then maybe I could get behind him, but presently, I'm not sure  

Edited by Renton

35 minutes ago, Renton said:

Will we though? It would be nice to just have some evidence based decision making rather than this ridiculous popularism. To go back to Corbyn's example, Orkambi is made and licensed from a US pharmaceutical company who to my knowledge haven't benefitted from the UK government at all. So if he's elected what's he going to do? 

Break international law.

Fork out millions to buy the drug lawfully. 

Or let thousands of CF sufferers down after getting their hope's up?

It's just dishonest. Whether it's from Corbyn or Johnson. A bit more realism then maybe I could get behind him, but presently, I'm not sure  

I suspect it might be a policy to implement for the future rather than one which will cover drugs that already exist. Who knows, I'm sure it'll be scrutinised over the coming few days.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I think you and I have very similar political views, and I’ve never come closer to not voting Labour since Corbyn dithered his way in to leadership, but what are the other options available to us right now?

Swinton’s Lib Dem’s can fuck off- they’re like the town bike, and will fuck anyone to get in to power. 

Greens are miles away from being a genuine voteworthy party. 

I’m not Scotch, West English or Guinnish, so all that lot are fuck all use to me. 

It’s Corbyn’s Labour or… who else? 

35 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I think you and I have very similar political views, and I’ve never come closer to not voting Labour since Corbyn dithered his way in to leadership, but what are the other options available to us right now?

Swinton’s Lib Dem’s can fuck off- they’re like the town bike, and will fuck anyone to get in to power. 

Greens are miles away from being a genuine voteworthy party. 

I’m not Scotch, West English or Guinnish, so all that lot are fuck all use to me. 

It’s Corbyn’s Labour or… who else? 

Vote tactically for the least worst option that is likely to win your seat. For me, that's still Labour. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Vote tactically for the least worst option that is likely to win your seat. For me, that's still Labour. 

This is all I'm doing as well. I mean it's Labour for me too, but if I was in a Lib Dem area I'd go for them.

On 9/24/2019 at 12:43, ewerk said:

So we have Labour, Lib Dems and SNP and a number of independents in favour of a People’s Vote. Why not push for it now? This is as close as we’re going to get for a majority for a PV as we’re going to get in this parliament. Why delay? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2