Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cameron's book apparently notes that it was building as an issue, and that even if remain had won it only would have shelved the issue for another 10 years. Although his polling could have been limited to Tory party MPs.

The only place it was building as an issue was the Tory party. By and large Joe public couldn’t give a monkeys until the leave campaign framed it as taking back control from Johnny Foreigner, reclaiming jobs from Poles and preventing the imminent threat of Turkish invasion 

• Like 1

Tory Party membership in 2015 was around 150,000. 

Let’s say two thirds of them wanted out of Europe. 

Add the 45,000 (2015)UKIP cunts 

145,000 people at best. 

Uk Population over 18 in 2015 was around 51,500,000. 

0.0003 %. 

Democracy. 

70994408_2443797929231959_41843281310011

"Deliver Brexit or face riots". I don't know about you, but I feel this has the reek of a concerted effort - let's call it a "project" - to instil a sense of... fright? alarm? trepidation? I'm sure there's another word for it, it's on the tip of my tongue...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Presumably they're ignoring the fact that delivering No Deal will also trigger riots.

I don't see it as a serious threat anyway - it'll be the usual right wing thugs and they'll get smurfed by the Police as per.

Edited by Rayvin

So, state of emergency anyone? Apparently that's the next gambit from Cummings, now that the "riots" narrative has been established. Hasn't been used since 1974 but would allow Boris the ability to ignore the Benn Act.

Starting to think we might just need to get him out of power and have done with it. 

Firstly it would be struck down in the courts and secondly there would be a vote of no confidence in him the moment he tried. Grieve raised it as a possible tactic that Johnson might try but it almost certainly wouldn’t work.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Firstly it would be struck down in the courts and secondly there would be a vote of no confidence in him the moment he tried. Grieve raised it as a possible tactic that Johnson might try but it almost certainly wouldn’t work.

Unless his intention is to have himself removed from power before requesting that extension. I could see that scanning with some of the electorate.

Just now, ewerk said:

Literally staging a coup isn’t a good look for anyone going into a GE.

Sure, but if the opposition lose their nerve and vote him out, then he'll claim they're the coup.

This shit is gonna backfire on him eventually. You can't keep behaving like a bellend and get away with it. It worked for Trump for a while but it's starting to look like the end of the road for him, and the same will eventually happen to Johnson. 

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This shit is gonna backfire on him eventually. You can't keep behaving like a bellend and get away with it. It worked for Trump for a while but it's starting to look like the end of the road for him, and the same will eventually happen to Johnson. 

Maybe so, but he might get away with a GE and Brexit by doing the political equivalent of throwing a hand of poker. In this case, the hand being his current government.

If he keeps doubling down to the point where he becomes a threat to national security, they'll have to remove him - and he might well emerge from that with "the people" onside thanks to the cult worship of Brexit.

I dunno. There are a hard core of gammons who will lap up whatever he does. But beyond these, will he really win anyone over? I suspect he will deter moderate conservatives who will go LD. Also, he won't break into the Labour heartlands, their disaffected will go BP, splitting his vote. He'll lose all his seats in Scotland and Wales, most of London, and the SW. I have to put my faith in humanity and think he won't win a majority. 

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

I dunno. There are a hard core of gammons who will lap up whatever he does. But beyond these, will he really win anyone over? I suspect he will deter moderate conservatives who will go LD. Also, he won't break into the Labour heartlands, their disaffected will go BP, splitting his vote. He'll lose all his seats in Scotland and Wales, most of London, and the SW. I have to put my faith in humanity and think he won't win a majority. 

Farage is currently under police investigation for talking about taking a knife to civil servants once Brexit is out of the way, so I feel like some common ground can be achieved between him and Johnson...

If his plan is to force the opposition to push him out, it's fairly clever IMO. Will gain him more votes than just resigning would.

I think Trump genuinely believes the shit he comes out with. One of Johnson’s many problems is he doesn’t even have even a semblance of belief in his own vile agenda. Beyond keeping himself in power of course