Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

She is actually evil. (Not to mention hypocritical at multiple levels.)

They fucking love an authoritarian, don't they? We will END FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT ONCE AND FOR ALL. [rapturous applause]

She's boasting about taking away their freedom, and the dippit cunts are clapping. Incredible. As ACP alluded to, she's coauthor of Brittania unchained. A horrible evil cunt that would make Thatcher blush. 

And aye, would. 

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

So this won't fly then?

I'm with Cummings on this one, if the EU reject it we shouldn't hang around negotiating we should move on to the end game for the whole disaster.

6 hours ago, Rayvin said:

So this won't fly then?

I'm with Cummings on this one, if the EU reject it we shouldn't hang around negotiating we should move on to the end game for the whole disaster.

Of course it won't fly. That was never the plan. Johnson needs to deliver no deal to his backers. Even his sister has said so. 

6 hours ago, Rayvin said:

So this won't fly then?

It's designed to piss off the EU. It doesn't even attempt to address their concerns.

What is more enraging is that it completely throws Northern Ireland under the bus. With the NI specific backstop we'd have had the best of both world's, access to the EU market and access to GB. This plan would curtail our access to both of those markets. It's a steaming pile of shit.

• Like 1

Northern Irish politics has been a catastrophe for the past five years and the DUP haven't been greatly hurt by it. There were signs in the European elections that the tide is turning but still they only really have two seats that may be at risk. The rest are pretty safe for them. Of course they're pretty much the only NI voice in parliament due to the other side being just as much of a bunch of cunts as the DUP which skews everything in their favour.

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I wish I shared your optimism 

Your justification for a lack of optimism, with respect, seems anecdotal. You see some leavers on QT ranting and raving and the vehemency of what they're saying seems to translate somehow into a representation of the number of people who think that way. Honestly, I don't think I'm optimistic - I think I'm realistic. Polls support the statement, the desire to end the whole thing is on Remain's side and even if we do go to vote 2, there's a chance it will be between soft brexit and Remain. Overall, the odds are tilting in our favour if we can just outlast Johnson.

Just now, Rayvin said:

Polls support the statement, the desire to end the whole thing is on Remain's side 

This is going to be important. Pretty much everyone in the country is sick of hearing about Brexit by now. Giving people an option to end the chaos is going to be a big pulling factor imo.

Plus the general public who aren't already rabid leavers think that Johnson is a cunt in much the same way they thought that Cameron is a cunt. The question for remain is who leads the campaign?

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The question for remain is who leads the campaign?

100% this. It can't be Corbyn and I think Miller might be too divisive. Maybe a celebrity as a notional figurehead?

All of those polls apart from one have don't knows who cover the difference margin - Banks and the rest would wet their lips at that. 

As for leading the campaign, someone who could articulate the benefits rather than just negging the other side would be a start. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Your justification for a lack of optimism, with respect, seems anecdotal. You see some leavers on QT ranting and raving and the vehemency of what they're saying seems to translate somehow into a representation of the number of people who think that way. Honestly, I don't think I'm optimistic - I think I'm realistic. Polls support the statement, the desire to end the whole thing is on Remain's side and even if we do go to vote 2, there's a chance it will be between soft brexit and Remain. Overall, the odds are tilting in our favour if we can just outlast Johnson.

the polls were wrong on trump and the original brexit referendum

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the polls were wrong on trump and the original brexit referendum

Let's look at it this way - even if you're right, we have nothing to lose. So there should be nothing to fear.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Let's look at it this way - even if you're right, we have nothing to lose. So there should be nothing to fear.

what we need is for ken to come in and confidently declare that we're leaving then i'm right with you

• Haha 1