Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don't see how any Labour rebel votes for this given the commitment to diverge from a level playing field.

Though of course some would.

Fat cunt Snell has already said he will, along with one other.

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Which by the way is a disgrace because it allows Johnson to claim that it would have got a majority in Parliament were it not for the pesky EU (assuming they reject it). 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I think a likely scenario that it gets the votes on the condition that a confirmatory referendum is attached 

Fair point, I would take that with bells on though.

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Which by the way is a disgrace because it allows Johnson to claim that it would have got a majority in Parliament were it not for the pesky EU (assuming they reject it). 

True, but that also shifts blame away from Labour in the GE. 

34 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If Labour enable this in any way, I'm back to never voting for them again. I don't care if it's just one Labour MP. Until that MP is purged out of the party, they lose my vote.

We cannot have Boris and Gove win this after all their machinations. There needs to be a consequence for those who caused it.

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Thread. Looks like cunt face is up to no good with this new prorogation. Is this how he avoids requesting the extension as per the law? 

Aye  I was wondering why we need a queens speech immediately before a GE. This makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If Labour enable this in any way, I'm back to never voting for them again. I don't care if it's just one Labour MP. Until that MP is purged out of the party, they lose my vote.

We cannot have Boris and Gove win this after all their machinations. There needs to be a consequence for those who caused it.

Bit harsh, there will always be arseholes in the party. Anyway, the deal isn't getting as far as Westminster imo.

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Thread. Looks like cunt face is up to no good with this new prorogation. Is this how he avoids requesting the extension as per the law? 

I don't see how this affects much. He loses Queen's Speech vote and resigns then the caretaker PM has to request the extension. Failing that we call a VONC and MPs elect another PM to do so.

It certainly doesn't make no deal a certainty.

He does have to resign following a VONC providing Parliament can find someone that does command the confidence of the House. And yes, no matter what's going on he is compelled to request an extension.

He doesn't have 14 days. After 14 days if no alternative is found he has to call an election. 

In theory he could lose a VONC and another MP could immediately win a VOC and speed over to the palace and become PM. It could all be done and dusted in a day.

Edited by ewerk

I'd say Beckett is still favourite. Labour aren't going to stand by while we crash out. I can understand why they're sticking to their Corbs or nobody line but if we're less than two weeks from the precipice then there are enough sane heads in the party to force a change of policy.

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye but who though? Cos Labour are just gonna stick to Corbyn, or Jeremy as you call him. 

Which is by far and away the most legitimate choice, even though I myself would prefer someone who can't be easily politicised in the upcoming elections.

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's a definite risk but in that situation I'm pretty sure parliament would vote to revoke rather than crash out.

I think this too, although then we're playing into his hands also. It's going to be brutal, any GE off the back of this.

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think this too, although then we're playing into his hands also. It's going to be brutal, any GE off the back of this.

Imagine if revoke happened, a gammonfest GE resulted, Johnson got a majority, and reinstated A50 again, without a referendum. :suicide: