Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The fact that it would involve border checks between England and Scotland would be a problem for starters.

That's happening when they get independence anyway. The sooner the better imo, I'm entitled to a Scottish passport and therefore EU citizenship. So's my wife, and therefore hopefully my kids. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Shit deal or revoke now then. Am so pissed with the EU about this. Destroying the union and throwing the 48% under the bus. When we were on the verge of a possible referendum. Tossers. 

Finding it hard not to agree with you on this... I guess they ran out of patience but the win was there for the taking. Also, it's not just them - if the Remain MPs could have gotten their stupid heads out of their arses on this issue and just agreed a government to kick Boris out of power, we wouldn't be here. We have been let down by fucking everyone on this.

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

??? As reported by Guardian and BBC.

I wasn't doubting you, I was just wondering what happens next. Juncker isn't in charge and will be guided by the EU27. I reckon this is a tactic to get MPs to back the deal and move on to the next stage but I wouldn't be certain.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Finding it hard not to agree with you on this... I guess they ran out of patience but the win was there for the taking. Also, it's not just them - if the Remain MPs could have gotten their stupid heads out of their arses on this issue and just agreed a government to kick Boris out of power, we wouldn't be here. We have been let down by fucking everyone on this.

Yep. This is so fucked up. Ultimately the EU have to look out for themselves of courses but in doing so they're fucking the (probably) majority of the population who want to remain, including Scotland. I didn't see this coming. You did, fair play. 

i think they will grant an extension, if parliament vote it down. it's a test of nerves now.

if the deal isn't voted through, and boris still doesn't write the letter, the courts will get involved again. 

• Like 1

I still haven't made my mind up about whether I will just stop bothering to vote after this, or I will vote only for parties that that would take us back into the EU. Might go Green but honestly what's the point. You just can't win. I haven't been on the winning side of any election/public vote since I was old enough to be involved.

In the meantime we can become a hard right, low tax, Singapore style mini-US on the EU's doorstep. Labour will be destroyed by this, and honestly I think political disenfranchisement amongst the young will surge. The Tories will survive. It turns out that in the game of politics the Tories are just unbeatable. There is no low they will not sink to, and for some reason, people just keep voting for things that help them. And we will now have another 10 years of them at least IMO.

Edited by Rayvin

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I still haven't made my mind up about whether I will just stop bothering to vote after this, or I will vote only for parties that that would take us back into the EU. Might go Green but honestly what's the point. You just can't win. I haven't been on the winning side of any election/public vote since I was old enough to be involved.

In the meantime we can become a hard right, low tax, Singapore style mini-US on the EU's doorstep. Labour will be destroyed by this, and honestly I think political disenfranchisement amongst the young will surge. The Tories will survive. It turns out that in the game of politics the Tories are just unbeatable. There is no low they will not sink to, and for some reason, people just keep voting for things that help them. And we will now have another 10 years of them at least IMO.

we haven't left yet - keep the faith!

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

we haven't left yet - keep the faith!

Who on the Remain side is inspiring any faith atm? The only thing I find a bit reassuring is that they're being quiet so far - hopefully that's because they're all squirreled away somewhere scheming about how to grasp victory from the jaws of defeat. But we all know they're probably sat with their respective parties and looking at how they can best capitalise on what happens in an election. Country be damned.