Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And Brexiters completely outraged by the fact he's made what was a completely expected decision.

They should have known it with Rees-Mogg knowing the precedent from being there during the 1600s

• Haha 2

It's getting into squeaky bum territory.

It looks like the Commons are going to have less than three days to scrutinise this bill. They could vote for more time but they're pretty useless and fancy Friday off so they probably won't.

The bill removes the right for Parliament to demand an extension to the trade talks without the executive's say so which leaves the option of no deal in the government's hands.

One Nation Tories aren't going to vote in favour of a CU amendment and I highly doubt we have the numbers for a second referendum.

At the moment I optimistically reckon it's 50/50 as to whether this goes through.

Some Tory called Jenrick avoiding every point Nicky Campbell is attempting to skewer him with. Apparently if this shit gets through and there's no FTA after 12 months its as ewerk says and the default no deal is back. These cunts aren't giving up.....

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

It looks like the Commons are going to have less than three days to scrutinise this bill. They could vote for more time but they're pretty useless and fancy Friday off so they probably won't.

The bill removes the right for Parliament to demand an extension to the trade talks without the executive's say so which leaves the option of no deal in the government's hands.

One Nation Tories aren't going to vote in favour of a CU amendment and I highly doubt we have the numbers for a second referendum.

At the moment I optimistically reckon it's 50/50 as to whether this goes through.

If it goes through, it goes through. Boris then has to win an election against what I can only imagine will be an incredibly energised remain electorate. If he can't, and Labour or a coalition take over, can much of the damage be scaled back?

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

I think they're almost certain to knock back the programme motion. 

If the DUP and SNP commit to a customs union, it looks like it would have a majority of 1. At the minute though, neither will. 

A customs union would be sold as a compromise because supposedly no one is pleased about it. The reality is it sacrifices all the good stuff about being in the EU without achieving the one theoretical good thing about leaving. So it's fucking mental, at least on my understanding.

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

A customs union would be sold as a compromise because supposedly no one is pleased about it. The reality is it sacrifices all the good stuff about being in the EU without achieving the one theoretical good thing about leaving. So it's fucking mental, at least on my understanding.

It's the worst of all worlds. Puts us on a par with Turkey. 

It's not designed to pass the final reading. If the amendment passes then the bill itself is done because the ERG will definitely not back it and Labour, SNP, DUP and Lib Dems won't back the final vote on the bill.

The reluctant 'leavers' on the Tory benches. It's Ken Clarke who has tabled the CU amendment. You can expect support for it from the ex-Tories and potentially some of the more moderate One Nation Tories.

They'll be voting at 7. First on second reading of the bill. Then on programme motion. 

Expected to win the first and (just about) lose the second. Johnson has threatened to pull the bill if he loses the second because he's a fucking child who wants everything his way. 

I hope he dies in his sleep tonight, I am fucking sick of this cunt. 

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They'll be voting at 7. First on second reading of the bill. Then on programme motion. 

Expected to win the first and (just about) lose the second. Johnson has threatened to pull the bill if he loses the second because he's a fucking child who wants everything his way. 

I hope he dies in his sleep tonight, I am fucking sick of this cunt. 

What happens if he pulls the bill then, no deal?