Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Also I was very confused by Darmstadt (population 160k, notable for some research institutions but not exactly dripping in money) until I looked into it and apparently the Darmstadt region somehow also includes Frankfurt (population 750k, bunch of Bankerschweinhunds)

I rather think it’s the Taunus/Bad Homburg area which is equivalent to a region like Buckinghamshire, meaning full of old cunts having too much money

Edited by Isegrim

The 2022 Commonwealth Games could see shooting and archery staged in India several months before the main event starts in Birmingham.

The unprecedented proposal has been put forward by India, who had threatened to boycott Birmingham 2022 after shooting was excluded from the Games.

If approved, the idea would avert that risk.

BBC Sport understands the results of the competitions would count towards the official medal tally.

The change will be considered by the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) over the coming weeks.

It could be accepted by its executive board as soon as next month, and then put to a full vote of the CGF's 71 member associations.

India has agreed to pay for the cost of hosting the two competitions - thought to be as much as £20m.

Shooting's Birmingham u-turn
Shooting has been included in every Games apart from one since 1966.

But last year Birmingham 2022 announced that the sport - along with archery - had been left out of the programme, as they are both optional sports for host cities.

Beach volleyball, para table tennis and women's cricket were included instead as organisers focused on trying to attract younger and more diverse audience. Shooting was deemed to be of no benefit to the West Midlands as it would have been staged in Bisley, Surrey.

India has a proud record in shooting. At the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast, the country's shooters accounted for 16 of their 66 medals, contributing to a third-placed finish in the medal table. They threatened to boycott the event if a compromise could not be found.

That caused alarm within the UK government, which hopes the £788m event will be an advert for global, post-Brexit Britain and help secure trade deals. Birmingham 2022 will be the biggest and most expensive sports event to be staged in the UK since the London 2012 Games.

So much independence.

• Haha 2

In case you missed it, our unchecked parliament has voted to withhold the UK's commitment to the Erasmus scheme, even though we'd have been able to stay in it regardless of EU withdrawal. Young Brits being denied the rights their older brothers and sisters had. Terrific.

If I tell you that "Wake up and smell the coffee! What’s the matter with you people? We’re going to go on with the Erasmus scheme" is a direct quote from Nigel Farage to students at Newcastle University in the run-up to the referendum, I'm sure you'll be deeply surprised at what has happened in the meantime and confident that he'll be held to account for his lies, as he always is. :good: 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Still, at least we’ll not have any of those pesky child refugees being reunited with their families.

They're brown (except the ones who aren't) so they don't deserve rights. :good: 

27 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

In case you missed it, our unchecked parliament has voted to withhold the UK's commitment to the Erasmus scheme, even though we'd have been able to stay in it regardless of EU withdrawal. Young Brits being denied the rights their older brothers and sisters had. Terrific.

If I tell you that "Wake up and smell the coffee! What’s the matter with you people? We’re going to go on with the Erasmus scheme" is a direct quote from Nigel Farage to students at Newcastle University in the run-up to the referendum, I'm sure you'll be deeply surprised at what has happened in the meantime and confident that he'll be held to account for his lies, as he always is. :good: 

It’s just doing stuff out of spite now like. Probably always was 

33 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Unfortunately, I think we’re going to need to go a lot further before the conned admit they’ve been duped...

They never will. There's literally nothing that can or will persuade them otherwise.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Unfortunately, I think we’re going to need to go a lot further before the conned admit they’ve been duped...

A&E waiting figures out today are the worst since records began. What did the public do? Gave the same cunts another five years.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

It’s just doing stuff out of spite now like. Probably always was 

Even stupid stuff like the blue passports (made in France, not Gateshead), and especially the fucking ridiculous 50 pence coin on its third re-mint. Little things intended to goad and divide. Then the huge things like Erasmus. And the absolutely massive things like being out the SM in its entirety which will utterly fuck our industry. We will be a divided country for generations. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Meenzer said:

I saw someone retweeting a tweet from Lucy Harris from 2012 celebrating receiving her Erasmus grant. It has now disappeared...

I really hope that there is something like kharma.

7 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Being an utterly delinquent and uneducated prole I had to look the Erasmus scheme up...what a parcel shit. Think this is the thin end if the wedge too, wait till they really get started, they’ve got 5 years...

• Like 2