Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

What Brexit voters really want are menial jobs, which they have been denied for too long because of the pesky foreign worker.

What an ambitious vision for the country. 

A lot seem to be elderly retired gammons who want their kids to do the fruit picking and bum wiping, whilst extolling the virtues of community spirit which apparently existed in a war most arent old enough to remember. I seriously can't get my head round this.

Btw, is it only the metropolitan liberal elite that drink coffee or use hotels? I expect the cost of these things will rocket.

The fact that they're ploughing ahead with all this mental shit has surely got to mean they come to a natural end at either the next election or the one after. You can lie as much as you like about something before it happens, but eventually you run out of road because the thing actually happens, the lies no longer work, and reality starts to bite.

People ARE gonna notice if their lives are demonstrably worse (and they definitely will be) and they'll be pointing the finger of blame squarely at the government. 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The fact that they're ploughing ahead with all this mental shit has surely got to mean they come to a natural end at either the next election or the one after. You can lie as much as you like about something before it happens, but eventually you run out of road because the thing actually happens, the lies no longer work, and reality starts to bite.

People ARE gonna notice if their lives are demonstrably worse (and they definitely will be) and they'll be pointing the finger of blame squarely at the government. 

Still depends on a viable opposition though. We've had 10 years of austerity, most peoples lives are demonstrably worse, there's in your face poverty everywhere, crumbling services, and yet a proven lying cunt won a landslide majority. 

Also factor in tory interference in the electoral system, gerrymandering, controlling the media, manipulating social media, shutting up dissent, blame shifting, and the electorate's unerring capacity for gullibility.

:CT:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Renton said:

Still depends on a viable opposition though. We've had 10 years of austerity, most peoples lives are demonstrably worse, there's in your face poverty everywhere, crumbling services, and yet a proven lying cunt won a landslide majority. 

Also factor in tory interference in the electoral system, gerrymandering, controlling the media, manipulating social media, shutting up dissent, blame shifting, and the electorate's unerring capacity for gullibility.

:CT:

Throughout the last few years there's always been the "promise" of Brexit though. This thing that a lot of people were evangelical about and felt would improve their lives. That thing has happened now and the promise is about to turn out to be an absolute parcel. Long-Bailey is not going to win so Labour will be a credible opposition next time, I think its pretty clear that we can trust Starmer and Nandy on that. 

Don't suppose you heard the pretty mucn unanimous agreement on the latest Remainiacs that Nandy has been the most impressive candidate? :razz:

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Throughout the last few years there's always been the "promise" of Brexit though. This thing that a lot of people were evangelical about and felt would improve their lives. That thing has happened now and the promise is about to turn out to be an absolute parcel. Long-Bailey is not going to win so Labour will be a credible opposition next time, I think its pretty clear that we can trust Starmer and Nandy on that. 

Don't suppose you heard the pretty mucn unanimous agreement on the latest Remainiacs that Nandy has been the most impressive candidate? :razz:

I did, although Dunt wasn't on it iirc. I've not been following it much tbh. I expect Starmer to win but the party is in a fucking terrible shape whoever inherits it. 

I guess my point is that over the last few years I have been wrong about virtually everything that has happened in politics. I got the 2015 election wrong. And the referendum. And the 2017 GE. And the 2019 one. I've massively over estimated people's capacity to understand even basic issues and vote for what's best for them. I've massively underestimated the ability of the right to manipulate these people. Perhaps you're still doing this, maybe you're right and there will be a turning point. I just don't know anymore. 

I'm with Renton on this. I don't think we can rely on people who have been avoiding rational thought for the past few years, to suddenly embrace it. It'll be like a frog boiling alive, they won't see the damage because it'll go slowly enough.

More importantly, they will resist admitting they were wrong until their dying breaths.

First big mistake by Nandy so far was to say she would vote the monarchy out in a referendum. 

I agree with the sentiment but that’s the first sign I’ve seen so far that she maybe isn’t the smart and shrewd operator the party needs to lead it. 

Can see it coming back to haunt her massively.

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

First big mistake by Nandy so far was to say she would vote the monarchy out in a referendum. 

I agree with the sentiment but that’s the first sign I’ve seen so far that she maybe isn’t the smart and shrewd operator the party needs to lead it. 

Can see it coming back to haunt her massively.

More of that and she might win my vote.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Morons, in other words. We need a leader who can speak to the morons 

I kind of admire that you haven't given up on everything just being one long waterfall of shite for the rest of our lives, but does any of this matter anymore? They won, they won completely, and there's nothing that gives any real indication that anything will change in terms of the demographics of stupidity. We won't win either way. In the long haul, the Tory strategy is probably right - fear is stronger than hope.

27 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Why can’t she win?

She isn’t tainted by Corbyn the way RLB is, for starters.

I thought she was a distant third in the polls? Unless that poll is 'which candidate for Labour leader would Gemmill like to take up the wrong 'un?'. And even then she only has a three point lead on Starmer.

• Haha 3

I'm in a couple of Labour Member supporter groups on facebook, a few thousand people in each. Not totally representative of course but honestly, no one is talking about Nandy. It's all the Corbyn cultists calling for RLB and Burgon, or the moderates demanding and defending Starmer.

She's going to have to really do something to capture people's imagination to break through this.

22 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm in a couple of Labour Member supporter groups on facebook, a few thousand people in each. Not totally representative of course but honestly, no one is talking about Nandy. It's all the Corbyn cultists calling for RLB and Burgon, or the moderates demanding and defending Starmer.

She's going to have to really do something to capture people's imagination to break through this.

If we end up with the Burgon and RLB dream ticket I will come around to your way of thinking 

59 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Have you seen RLB's logo?  Minging.

I would upload it but our server is full of shit dinners so I can't.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvqobJ5IMx9sG9NpEMR08

It couldn't be clearer, one in the pink and one in the stink.

• Haha 2