Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I kind of admire that you haven't given up on everything just being one long waterfall of shite for the rest of our lives, but does any of this matter anymore? They won, they won completely, and there's nothing that gives any real indication that anything will change in terms of the demographics of stupidity. We won't win either way. In the long haul, the Tory strategy is probably right - fear is stronger than hope.

Have you proposed yet? 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Have you proposed yet? 

In all seriousness I probably have to give that some actual consideration. And I guess maybe conclude that it just won't work out.

I'm not sure yet anyway. I'll complain profusely if i have to, dont worry.

10 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Just thinking this over, I'm going to have to marry my current girlfriend if i want that relationship to go anywhere.

I oppose marriage as an institution, but I guess my principles have to take a back seat. Or I move myself to Ireland and try to make a life work there..?

This is such a mess.

You need 70 IRA points mate.

• Haha 1

The BBC are legitimising these bigots by giving them a platform and then making it worse by putting it out on Twitter. Then they don't even bother to include a rebuttal. It's click bait bollocks but is doing real damage.

• Like 1

This was the reply that the BBC chose not to include. Of course it's no surprise that when it's explained to the bigot that migrants are net contributors to the system that it's dismissed as rubbish.

This is why it's all pointless, in a nutshell. These people don't care. They aren't remotely interested in the truth. They only care about the fact that they've been given license to spout their unrelenting bullshit across the country, and they're not going to give that up.

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Aye it is. At what point do we get to say that this is just standard for the BBC?

This is how state owned broadcasters the world over operate, why should ours be any different?

i mean, it's a free country, she's entitled to hold racist views. and its unfortunate for the bbc that she chose their platform to air them. but to then to clip and share the racist comments widely on social media, in isolation, is a fucking terrible move. 

and fiona bruce really ought to have corrected the bigoted old bag rather than leaving it ash sarkar to do her job for her

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i mean, it's a free country, she's entitled to hold racist views. and its unfortunate for the bbc that she chose their platform to air them. but to then to clip and share the racist comments widely on social media, in isolation, is a fucking terrible move. 

and fiona bruce really ought to have corrected the bigoted old bag rather than leaving it ash sarkar to do her job for her

I think we have to acknowledge that for the BBC, impartiality now means presenting all views as equal. 

It does not mean presenting facts or truth over and above opinion. As such, they're not journalists - they're opinion peddlers.

i didn't watch, i can't bring myself to watch QT anymore, but it was ranty, offensive and didn't look like she was reading, which makes me think it was a follow up question, which i don't think are vetted in advance.

not that that excuses clipping and sharing it on social media.