Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the pictures from HK where thousands took to the streets to protest against the new law, despite risking punishment of up to life in prison, were pretty amazing. a lot of people arriving will be highly-skilled, albeit with no jobs going around.

come and take refuge in brexit britain, please! 

Those people don't qualify though, right? Only people born before 1997 qualify for this, so the young people on the streets don't make the cut sadly (well, up to 24 years old).

Let's hope they don't come over primed and "grateful" to the Tories though.

Edited by Rayvin

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Those people don't qualify though, right? Only people born before 1997 qualify for this, so the young people on the streets don't make the cut sadly (well, up to 24 years old).

Let's hope they don't come over primed and "grateful" to the Tories though.

I was born in Hong Kong before 1997.....Can I qualify for a Chinese passport? (I qualify for an Irish one as well but, y'knaa). 

35 minutes ago, The Fish said:

What's this "Positive and sunny" shtick? What did I miss?

I was insufficiently cynical about a lad named Brian who asked us to do a survey on brown rats.

Hope that clears it up.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I was born in Hong Kong before 1997.....Can I qualify for a Chinese passport? (I qualify for an Irish one as well but, y'knaa). 

Chinese don't do dual nationality so not unless you renounce your British citizenship I fear..! Having said that, we already enjoy visa free access to HK (if memory serves).

14 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Get the Irish one you lucky bassa. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Get the Irish one you lucky bassa. 

I don't think my youngest automatically qualifies plus not sure my wife would otherwise I'd be tempted to. 

Why now? Why is the penny finally dropping now when we are absolutely past the point of no return.

Everything said there has been transparently obvious since day 1.

Lying coward afraid to take responsibility for his stupidity.

There is no logical argument at any stage for that position. May went in ultra hard to begin with, and the "Remain politicians" turned out for her vote in sufficient numbers that if the hard-core leave politicians had joined in, she would have won.

It is on them, entirely. No deal is happening only because of leavers. Remainers, no matter what they think, were deliberately made completely powerless throughout.

Edited by Rayvin

I don't recall there ever having been an EEA EFTA option? Fairly sure 90% of remainers could live with that, it was my preferred option over staying as it happens. May's deal was a much harder Brexit which removed FoM.

31 minutes ago, Renton said:

I don't recall there ever having been an EEA EFTA option? Fairly sure 90% of remainers could live with that, it was my preferred option over staying as it happens. May's deal was a much harder Brexit which removed FoM.

One of the indicative votes would have been something like that but lost by a couple of votes - mainly due to the Change UK and lib dems opposing it as it wasn't remainy enough. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NJS said:

One of the indicative votes would have been something like that but lost by a couple of votes - mainly due to the Change UK and lib dems opposing it as it wasn't remainy enough. 

Plus the 228 Tories who voted against it.

• Like 2