Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I couldn't help start reading the reviews on there. Who takes their time to write a review on this ?!? :icon_lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, at least it's a form of planning :lol:

Still, since they're so keen to tell liberal lefties that they should be letting refugees live in their houses, I'm sure Brexit voters will be rushing to let their gardens be turned into lorry parks. It's what they voted for, right?

• Haha 5

51 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’m pretty sure, although I may be wrong, the EU  is not looking to restrict British fishing or asking for a veto on our laws.

They've clearly gone down the no deal and blame the EU route. This has been apparent for some time and reinforced by Raab on Marr today. The prospect of no deal on January 1st combined with winter coronavirus is quite scary. Time to get stockpiling, again. This time it will be needed. 

He so said it would hurt them more than us. Nothings changed, 4 years of delusion. 

Edited by Renton

37 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye. Fucking sick of it now. Can't wait for the sunlit uplands. 

I find myself increasingly 'done'. I imagine this is the point at which idealism, which I suppose I clung too longer than most tend to, fades into nothing more than grim pragmatism and hoping to die before it gets really bad.

:lol:

Not sure I'd go that far. But there's nothing else to do but let them own it, which is what Starmer is.doing tbf. I still think with the disaster it will be and changing demographics the tories are fucked. 15 wasted years though, fucking hell. 

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

:lol:

Not sure I'd go that far. But there's nothing else to do but let them own it, which is what Starmer is.doing tbf. I still think with the disaster it will be and changing demographics the tories are fucked. 15 wasted years though, fucking hell. 

I saw an article in the Guardian the other day which i -think- is encouraging, sort of. It was a series of interviews done with redwall voters - they "liked" Boris because he was positive and patriotic, and while their faith in him has been shaken now, they're still with him. With Starmer, they're not clear what he stands for and are wary.

However, there's a lot of time before the next election and Johnson seems to be just about the only Tory they care for. Since he won't contest the next election, it's unclear to me that the Tories have anyone who could win them over on the same basis. They might of course just move the goalposts when the time comes, but they may also being telling the truth. Maybe it is a personality cult around Johnson more than anything else for a lot of them.

3 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I’m pretty sure, although I may be wrong, the EU  is not looking to restrict British fishing or asking for a veto on our laws.

I think they will be restricting British fishing but it’s in return for market access. There’s no point in having sole access to British waters but nowhere to sell the fish. The restrictions on government subsidies make sense. Of course the EU don’t want someone on their doorstep completely undercutting them, we moaned when the Chinese did it to us.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

I think they will be restricting British fishing but it’s in return for market access. There’s no point in having sole access to British waters but nowhere to sell the fish. The restrictions on government subsidies make sense. Of course the EU don’t want someone on their doorstep completely undercutting them, we moaned when the Chinese did it to us.

See what you did there

• Haha 2

And apparently Johnson now believes no deal is in fact a good deal. If so, why didn't we do this 4 years ago?

I wonder what the FLC thinks about this? As you say, cracking, no doubt. 

Edited by Renton

I guess now is the time where we are using the total power of "walking away" as a negotiating tactic. We've been told for years that this is the move that will bring the EU to their knees, so it's the moment of truth...

Edited by Rayvin