Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The more I think about it the more this internal market bill appears to be a deliberate poison pill in negotiations. Why introduce something so controversial at a critical point in negotiations unless you want to guarantee no deal?

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The more I think about it the more this internal market bill appears to be a deliberate poison pill in negotiations. Why introduce something so controversial at a critical point in negotiations unless you want to guarantee no deal?

Agreed, but other than to feed the vulture capitalists, why do we want no deal?

Barnier produced a list of other issues today which included, for instance, dissatisfaction with our phyrosanitary proposals. That effectively will mean a complete regulatory block on our agricultural and live stock exports. In fairly sure that will not be a good outcome for us. 

Oh, and the US deal is also out the window now too  It makes no sense to me. 

Edited by Renton

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Agreed, but other than to feed the vulture capitalists, why do we want no deal?

Barnier produced a list of other issues today which included, for instance, dissatisfaction with our phyrosanitary proposals. That effectively will mean a complete regulatory block on our agricultural and live stock exports. In fairly sure that will not be a good outcome for us. 

Oh, and the US deal is also out the window now too  It makes no sense to me. 

Cummings is a long-termist. I think he’s genuinely convinced that the UK will benefit from being free from all ties in 30 years time. Being a sociopath he has no regard for the livelihoods that will be ruined in the short term, it’s all for the greater good.

As a proposal it makes no logical sense but zealots don’t tend to concern themselves with that sort of thing.

I've heard that he wants us to compete with the US and China on tech, through state aid. I dont get that either. Google and Apple didn't need state aid. I'm not convinced the country has a long-term future without a short-term future anyway.

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Cummings won't be able to control or predict anything 30 years into the future so if that is his philosophy, he's a fucking idiot. We'll be back inside the EU within 20 anyway.

Unlikely he’ll last beyond Johnson. 

Watch the Marr interview with Simon Coveney this morning on iPlayer. I have never witnessed such a pathetic display by a British interviewer. Marr was utterly cringeworthy, failed to grasp the most simple issues, and was an obvious stooge for the government. If I was him I'd resign or retire now. Our media is failing us badly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Renton said:

Watch the Marr interview with Simon Coveney this morning on iPlayer. I have never witnessed such a pathetic display by a British interviewer. Marr was utterly cringeworthy, failed to grasp the most simple issues, and was an obvious stooge for the government. If I was him I'd resign or retire now. Our media is failing us badly. 

He’s been absolute fucking dogshit for ages. Sky and ITV put the BBC shame these days 

His interview with Buckland was a joke. He basically allowed him to justify breaking international law as an insurance policy in the scenario where we don’t get a deal and never once raised the point that the backstop IS the insurance policy that they’re now trying to obliterate.

There’s a reason that Marr is the only interview Johnson would do in the run up to the election.

I think Neil has effectively retired now hasn't he? The only effective political journalist the BBC has left is probably Maitlis. There's zero accountability. 

This government has gone completely rogue. There destroying our human rights, atacking the judiciary, and leaving the rule based order of international law. They will abolish the national broadcaster or make it a sock puppet mouthpiece, even more than it is now. The union is finished. We'll soon have capital punishment and labour camps imo. History tells us that countries that head in this direction do not fare well. We face oblivion and I fear even my kids won't live to see the great functional democracy we used to be.

Am I over reacting? I fucking hope so. But I can't help thinking Years and Years was prothetic. The age of popularism is undoubtedly here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I think Neil has effectively retired now hasn't he? The only effective political journalist the BBC has left is probably Maitlis. There's zero accountability. 

This government has gone completely rogue. There destroying our human rights, atacking the judiciary, and leaving the rule based order of international law. They will abolish the national broadcaster or make it a sock puppet mouthpiece, even more than it is now. The union is finished. We'll soon have capital punishment and labour camps imo. History tells us that countries that head in this direction do not fare well. We face oblivion and I fear even my kids won't live to see the great functional democracy we used to be.

Am I over reacting? I fucking hope so. But I can't help thinking Years and Years was prothetic. The age of popularism is undoubtedly here. 

Emma Barnett is great 

He's a bona fide moron. Listen to the last bit of this, he claims we can't have a regulatory border down the Irish Sea. That is EXACTLY what we signed up for in the WA, which he and every single tory MP voted for, under order from Johnson. It's got to go somewhere. If it not there then it has to go on the land border which will be a huge breach of the GFA. It was pointed out years ago on here that this was a circle that could never be squared, nothing has changed.

It's about time the South started looking a bit more like a Northern shit hole anyway. Park some fucking lorries in Dorset. I was there last year, fucking green fields everywhere, not a single new build estate in sight but you can't get moved for the fuckers up here. It was like being in Hobbiton.