Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, ewerk said:

All teed up for the big man to fly in and bring it home.

I'm not sure. I think the level playing field is another circle that can't be squared. The ERG or CRG or whatever the fuck the lunatics call themselves nowadays have him by the balls, and the EU can't compromise on this. 

Do they though? He knows Labour won’t vote against a deal so it sails through regardless. Johnson won’t want the optics of going over there and coming back empty handed, he’ll want a re-run of his walk around the garden with Varadkar.

I think the vote can probably pass without the headbangers but I don't think Johnson's tenure is feasible with them against him. I think Johnson is gone shortly regardless and he doesn't give a fuck what damages he causes. Then there's the finance bill he's introducing to add salt to the internal market bill. No way can the EU accept that or let it be used as leverage.

Personally I'm past caring. Any deal.will be so shit it'll make little difference. None of what has been discussed in this deal addresses the loss of services, non tariff barriers, or rules of origin. Nissan is fucked whatever happens and the NE will become a wasteland like in the 80s. I think I'd prefer instant catastrophe to a long drawn out death.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

They've "solved" Northern Ireland. Remains in the single market. Hard border down the Irish sea then, presumably.

So not only wil Northern Ireland not be part of Great Britain. It won't even really be part of the UK anymore.

That will please the Rangers fans.

• Like 1

It's going to be a fucking bollocks. Are businesses really going to bother with a hassle of customs declarations to send small orders to businesses over here? I can see a lot of people refusing to supply to NI in three weeks times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Renton said:

The clip of these. Spot the Brits. Embarrassing. 

Eo1A_1NWEAAyYMD.jpeg

You could not get a better definition of the difference between both now - bloated scruffy English has-beens v chic Europeans for the future - sigh :sad: 

That should have been done months ago - it seems from sequencing that the second wave has been driven by people returning from holiday. 

(The travel restrictions that is) 

Edited by NJS

I think Boris is going to cave in here tbh. He'll come away with some bollocks that allows him to claim victory which really just gives the EU whatever the wanted to begin with. It doesn't look to me like he has the appetite for no deal.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think Boris is going to cave in here tbh. He'll come away with some bollocks that allows him to claim victory which really just gives the EU whatever the wanted to begin with. It doesn't look to me like he has the appetite for no deal.

"No, no, we didn't get free trade, or the fishing rights, and yes we have to pay tarriffs and wait in line at the airport like heathens, buuuuut look at these blue passports! Don't get many of them to the Euro, whatwhat."

Thing is, the deal really is so shit it might not be better than no deal. The ratchet clause does tie us to the EU in a way is demonstrably impacting on UK sovereignty. But incredibly we are out of the CU and SM so will miss out on nearly all the benefits. It's actually difficult to imagine negotiating a worse deal. Now the NI issue is resolved, it opens up the way for a US deal. I think he will go for no deal personally, and blame the EU. He just doesn't want to be seen to be the one who quits negotiations first.

• Like 3