Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Looking like you may well be right then, he's just now warned of a strong possibility of No Deal. I actually cannot wait for this to be over now, whatever happens. His inevitable resignation can't be far off once this is done.

What's this? Johnson lying again? Can't be true.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/26/boris-johnson-chances-of-no-deal-brexit-are-a-million-to-one-against

Never thought I’d say this, but I’m leaning towards no deal. 

It's ground zero for this country. A chance to shift attitudes towards supporting the European idea. So patriots and thickos who had austerity imposed on them but then still voted Tory might actually think twice about the benefits of European membership.

Boris has to own it. The people who voted for it have to own it! So whenever anyone complains about queues at the border or the fact they can't get cherry tomatoes in the supermarket we can say: "oh, did you vote leave? Well then it's your fault isn't it, you fucking mong.”

You'd think so but the main thing I got wrong about Brexit is the sheer pig headed stubborness of the gammon brigade to admit they were wrong. They will go to exceptional lengths to rationalise their decision and blame others for their failings. They constantly change their own narrative to match the dismal reality they have created.

Maybe as you say  practical things, like queues at airports and cherry tomato droughts will finally induce buyer's remorse. I don't think it will though, I think they will continue to invoke the blitz spirit and double down, accept their narrowed horizons. However, I do have hope that the younger generations will see through the bull shit and getbus back into the European community. Maybe. 

14 hours ago, Rayvin said:

And I got stick for Magic the Gathering :lol: 

Fuck off with that, I got stick for reading comics! Comics which are now fucking mainstream, and I still get stick for it. 

I mean, sometimes you tell yourself that Johnson is just act, and that the real man isn't as fucking useless as he seems to be, but then you read stuff like this and realise that the only thing that makes you think he's pretending to be a buffoon is that it's simply inconceivable that a man this fucking stupid is running the country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Fuck off with that, I got stick for reading comics! Comics which are now fucking mainstream, and I still get stick for it. 

Mainstream :lol: 

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It’s undoubtedly posturing from him. That’s not to say we still won’t end up with no deal.

Its not undoubtedly though really is it? Its almost impossible to discern whether its posturing or he actually just doesn't want a deal and will accept tariffs and even more friction. The latter scenario would allow the tories to rip up entire sections of employment law and steer the country in a drastically different direction. 

How can you have every advantage in life growing up and still end up as much of a moron as Johnson. 

It’s constant deflection, my good sir, I trust I have your discretion, well if I may, if I could just interrupt etc etc