Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The ads were sometimes better than the shitty movies.  The local restaurant where the food was so good even the chef ate there, and at the Odeon in Durham there was always an ad for the Q Ball club upstairs :lol: 

32 minutes ago, Ant said:

Well I've just been told I'm pretty much needed to be working straight through till 4th including weekends (not 24th/25th...joy)

but they're going to let me carry my 39 days leave over in January :lol: 

so 1st of February I'll have 69 (harhar) days of leave to take next year

You'd better watch that post Brexit your a/l rights aren't retrospectively slashed!

8 minutes ago, Ant said:

N.I remains a mini member state lol :D so should be fine, but I could use a break tbh ideally when the missus and wee fella are also off, lockdown is making me less arsey about it since we'll not be going anywhere at least over xmas

doubt it, and hmrc etc aren't even close to being ready

sounds like there is going to be a compromise reached on LPF and a deal could be announced this week, with the EU making a minor concession to not punish us to quite the same extent in the event of UK divergence, which Johnson will try to sell as a big win 

Hannon is a complete prick who is a professional at being wrong. "Nobody is talking about leaving the single market".

He's also anti-lockdown. Hailed Sweden as the model to follow before things went tits up there. Then South Dakota where people took no notice of social distancing. Now got the highest death rate per capita on the planet. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

So, after 4 1/2 years and nearly 20,000 threads on here, when a deal is about to be announced the apathy now is so great no bugger can be bothered to post about it!

Will it be a cracking deal? Being an oven ready deal made on Xmas eve, I can only assume it will be a turkey. 

Hard to get excited about "significantly worse than what we had before but considerably better than no deal", I suppose. Satisfies nobody on any side, which was always the most likely outcome because a Brexit that "means Brexit" is fundamentally undeliverable, so we can look forward to the usual suspects continuing to call us a vassal state and keeping us mired in the Europe debate for years to come. :boogie:  

• Like 1

At this stage, you’d take any turd of deal because the alternative is too terrifying to contemplate so in that sense Johnson did deliver on the mandate to get brexit done. He did it by running the clock down. There is no time or appetite now in parliament to properly scrutinise the deal. There is also no chance it will be rejected when the alternative is going over the cliff.