Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I recently found some letters from my lass and some mates that I’d kept from when I was at university. They were actually often really funny and good crack even reading them in the present. But it’s mental now to think of sending and receiving handwritten letters that were several pages of A4 long 

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

I recently found some letters from my lass and some mates that I’d kept from when I was at university. They were actually often really funny and good crack even reading them in the present. But it’s mental now to think of sending and receiving handwritten letters that were several pages of A4 long 

Tl;dr

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ewerk said:

But thankfully the UK government has shown all the restraint of a three year old child.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56262527

As surely as might follows day...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/04/uks-plan-to-extend-brexit-grace-period-infuriates-irish-and-eu-officials?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

On 08/10/2018 at 11:37, Christmas Tree said:

All meaningless hypothesis anyway considering the deal that’s going to get done will allow trade to continue as normal.

'Normal'

In the interest of fairness, has this been offset by the trade deals secured with Antigua and other such economic titans?

With a slightly less sneering tone, how has this drop in trade been reflected within the UK in terms of consumer choices? Have we seen any shortages as a consequence?

Well the difference is that we haven't introduced any real border checks yet and won't do until at least July and even then probably won't give us enough time to get a system up and running.

33 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

In the interest of fairness, has this been offset by the trade deals secured with Antigua and other such economic titans?

With a slightly less sneering tone, how has this drop in trade been reflected within the UK in terms of consumer choices? Have we seen any shortages as a consequence?

From that thread.

Just now, ewerk said:

You can call it what you like but the EU have had an absolute nightmare on this. Their nature is as a protectionist bloc, they chose the wrong moment not to act as such.

There is never the wrong moment to act as a Kant but not a cunt.

We won’t get out of this madness by just looking after ourselves. It needs a worldwide effort in production and distribution of vaccines to get the pandemic under control and to prevent further deaths.

Nobody could make realistic predictions which vaccines would be developed and get approved first. The more important it should have been to distribute vaccines fairly to those at risk everywhere before making sure that all people can get vaccinated.

• Like 2