Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s a big fuck you to the farmers and it makes a mockery of the Tory’s green credentials.

We’re talking about the most carbon intensive food (beef) being imported from the other side of the world. Literally couldn’t be worse for our carbon footprint. 

GREAT

And farmers are generally Tories. 

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Their food standards are generally much lower than ours.

Yeah that's clearly not correct but then you are British sometimes and Oirish other times, so you're not even sure of your own heritage!

2 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

You got any proof of this? I believe it actually comes from USA, Brazil and Aus with more coming from USA.

Probably but also the US is geographically bigger than the colony and have disgusting farming technics so their output is likely to be higher.

https://www.dfat.gov.au/geo/japan/Pages/australia-japan-bilateral-relationship

Trade

Japan was Australia's second-largest trading partner in 2018-19, with two-way goods and services trade valued at $88.5 billion. Japan is Australia's second-largest export market.

Goods exports to Japan were $59.1 billion in 2018-19, which was 15.8 per cent of our total goods exports. In 2018-19, Australia's major merchandise exports to Japan included natural gas ($20.2 billion), coal ($19.3 billion), iron ore ($5.8 billion), beef ($2.3 billion), and copper ores and concentrates ($1.8 billion) and aluminium ($1.3 billion). Japan was Australia's largest merchandise export market for key commodities including coal, LNG, beef and aluminium.

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

You're a massive bunch of racists, but you like good dinners. 

Unfortunately I cannot argue with that. Pritel would be classified as a moderate here in regards to attitudes to immigrants, our tory cunts are disgusting to those that actually need help and protection.

28 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Yeah that's clearly not correct but then you are British sometimes and Oirish other times, so you're not even sure of your own heritage!

So you're now an expert in the food standards of USA, Brazil and South Africa? Maybe work on your comprehension skills, eh?

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So you're now an expert in the food standards of USA, Brazil and South Africa? Maybe work on your comprehension skills, eh?

It's your composition skills that are the problem bitch tits! Re-read your sentence :razz:

I have no idea about the food standards of those nations but considering the processed shite the US lives on, the lack of produce available to Brasilians and the fact South Africans will eat anything they kill, I would say Britian is deep in the shite if that's what the Tories are going to be feeding up to you.

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

When British farmers stop voting these cunts in, then I'll start listening to their concerns. Until then, they can import my balls into their gobs. 

Your balls will be covered by the trade deal with china and probably go quite well with British cheese.

Three Commonwealth countries didn’t give UK a point

Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Israel (they’ve just finished murdering the people they keep in an open prison but still got 100+ points :lol: ) etc didn’t give UK a point

Nothing to do with Brexit, UK sent an atonal potato to croak along to a backing track that sounded like a three minute cry for mercy just before a lethal injection. Try sending someone with talent, charisma and a decent song next time :cuppa:

Having said that, it was the first time I’d watched it since I was old enough to drink and it was better than all the Newcastle United games I’ve watched this season put together  :good:

Voted for Ukraine. Liked Azerbaijan very much indeed.  There was about 10 very decent acts/performances, including the winners Italy who looked a bit like extras from Velvet Goldmine who’d recruited Lenny Kravitz to play guitar. Switzerland song was insipid wank, liked the French Edith Piaf girl though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Low-quality UK export rejected at port of entry

Can you explain how the public vote works for us mate?   Graham Norton was a couple of bottles in by then and couldn’t be arsed ...

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Can you explain how the public vote works for us mate?   Graham Norton was a couple of bottles in by then and couldn’t be arsed ...

Basically it's exactly the same as the jury vote - each country gives points from 1-12 to the top ten in their respective phone votes - except instead of going to each country individually to call them in, they lump them all on at the end for dramatic effect.

I think the idea is also that it hides some of the worst excesses of neighbourly voting, although the juries are just as bad at that, so I'm not sure it does really. :lol: 

It does mean you have to go on the Eurovision website afterwards and drill down into the data if you want to see how each country's public voted. Which, of course, we have done. The nearest we got to a point with the public was our 14th place in the Maltese vote. Bless you, Valletta.

The Polish jury had us 11th though. So near and yet so far. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

How do people feel about this latest turn of events. I mean, I fancy our chances against the puny Italian chipolata, our Lincolnshires will batter the fuck out of them? But faced against the mighty German Knockwurst? I'm not too sure. 

• Haha 6

Sounds like the EU are getting to the end of their tether with the UK regarding the NI protocol. Tariffs and suspension of co-operation likely in the future.