Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, Alex said:

Yeah but the Aussies are mostly white and speak English, and have the same Queen and are just as racist as Bojo, his mates and the cunts that voted them in.

FYP for you Alex.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Renton said:

This is staggering. The speed at which cunt Johnson has shafted our fishermen and farmers is quite something.

Wouldn't listen to a word that twat says!

I'm.surprised the phrase "the law of unintended consequences" isn't being  used more often in the MSM at the moment  :cuppa:

It'll be years before we know the full extent of Brexit. I didnt give a fuck about the EU before the referendum, it just didn't strike me as a good idea, but you know, blue passports & flags...  🙄

• Like 3

I've started to think that the battle over Brexit - leaving, the consequences of leaving, and the eventual rejoining - will be the politically defining issue for quite possibly multiple generations.

All to prevent schism within the Tory party. A complete and utter waste of everyone's time.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I've started to think that the battle over Brexit - leaving, the consequences of leaving, and the eventual rejoining - will be the politically defining issue for quite possibly multiple generations.

All to prevent schism within the Tory party. A complete and utter waste of everyone's time.

And money, and status. I think people are beginning to cotton on to this now. 

Remainers on the right seem to have accepted leaving mind. It's only the hard left that continue to point out what a shitshow it is, knowing it'll achieve nothing and won't be reversed. Most sensible people are bored of it now, and want to move on and make the most of the present.

• Jaysus... 2

What an idiotic post. I can understand why brexiteers want to ignore the hard truths of the matter, like the complete shit show in Northern Ireland and collapse in exports they were warned about but thought were a price worth paying. But I'm not sure how you can fix these issues if you don't even acknowledge them mind. Also what's this shit about the hard left? This isn't a right/left issue and in fact the hard left tended to want out of the EU to enable lexit, the stupid fuckers. 

Personally, I've never wanted us to rejoin and really don't think it is possible. But I do want us to work cooperatively with the EU and ultimately rejoin the single market, which would solve most the issues we are facing. Nowt wrong with discussing it on a Brexit specific thread, is there Thompers? 

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

What an idiotic post. I can understand why brexiteers want to ignore the hard truths of the matter, like the complete shit show in Northern Ireland and collapse in exports they were warned about but thought were a price worth paying. But I'm not sure how you can fix these issues if you don't even acknowledge them mind. Also what's this shit about the hard left? This isn't a right/left issue and in fact the hard left tended to want out of the EU to enable lexit, the stupid fuckers. 

Personally, I've never wanted us to rejoin and really don't think it is possible. But I do want us to work cooperatively with the EU and ultimately rejoin the single market, which would solve most the issues we are facing. Nowt wrong with discussing it on a Brexit specific thread, is there Thompers? 

:lol: nowt wrong with wanting the country to just fucking move on, is there?

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol: nowt wrong with wanting the country to just fucking move on, is there?

Yeah, I want the country to move on too. I've literally just explained how in my post. How do you propose to solve the 8ssues Brexit gas caused, just trust our tory overlords to do the righ thing? 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, I want the country to move on too. I've literally just explained how in my post. How do you propose to solve the 8ssues Brexit gas caused, just trust our tory overlords to do the righ thing? 

It's still an ongoing process and there's still hundreds of trade deals to be made. Yet people like you are posting graphs comparing one trade deal with Australia to our entire trade deal that we had with the EU. That's not indicative of wanting to move on. Wait until we've made all of our trade deals then compare. It's disingenuous 

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

20 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

It's still an ongoing process and there's still hundreds of trade deals to be made. Yet people like you are posting graphs comparing one trade deal with Australia to our entire trade deal that we had with the EU. That's not indicative of wanting to move on. Wait until we've made all of our trade deals then compare. It's disingenuous 

:lol:

You're saying this because you're economically illiterate. Have you heard of and do you understand the concept of economic gravity? There's a reason we export more to the tiny country of Ireland than China, Brazil, and Australia combined. We don't need to wait to find out, it's a self evident fact that trade deals with the rest of the world can never make up for what we've lost by creating friction with the EU. Not to mention the impact these deals have on our agriculture. Never mind. 

Edited by Renton

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

:lol:

You're saying this because you're economically illiterate. Have you heard of and do you understand the concept of economic gravity? There's a reason we do more export more to the tiny country of Ireland than China, Brazil, and Australia combined. We don't need to wait to find out, it's a self evident fact that trade deals with the rest of the world can never make up for what we've lost by creating friction with the EU. Not to mention the impact these deals have on our agriculture. Never mind. 

No I'm not economically illiterate, Renon. Our deal with the EU was a huge collection of trade deals. Our deal with Australia is one single trade deal. 

The two are not the same. And your sudden concern for "British" farmers is laughable. Don't worry, once the sun starts a Save Our Farms campaign with a Union Jack logo people will reject the dirty aussie beef

You've already told me you buy your meat from supermarkets. It's a shame your empathy doesn't extend to the butchers you've helped impoverish 

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

No I'm not economically illiterate. Our deal with the EU was a huge collection of trade deals. Our deal with Australia is one single trade deal. 

The two are not the same.

You are economically illiterate if you don't understand what economic gravity is mate. ALL countries trade most with their neighbours, for obvious reasons. Literally nobody, including the government, believe trade deals will make a big difference. Iirc a good trade deal with the USA,  the holy grail, would add 0.2% to our GDP (government figures), but will have huge downsides for our agriculture. Besides which, 80% of our economy is in services. These aren't typically covered by trade deals except for massively comprehensive one like the single market. 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

You are economically illiterate if you don't understand what economic gravity is mate. ALL countries trade most with their neighbours, for obvious reasons. Literally nobody, including the government, believe trade deals will make a big difference. Iirc a good trade deal with the USA,  the holy grail, would add 0.2% to our GDP (government figures), but will have huge downsides for our agriculture. Besides which, 80% of our economy is in services. These aren't typically covered by trade deals except for massively comprehensive one like the single market. 

We aren't in the single market. Move on. We won't be rejoining it any time soon.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

We aren't in the single market. Move on. We won't be rejoining it any time soon.

You're probably right. And we will be in decline as a result. I accepted Brexit, but it was a pretty close call and many brexiteers repeatedly promised we would stay in the SM. I would say the only mandate therefore was for a soft Brexit and seek Norway type status. But instead we have ended up with just about the hardest Brexit possible. And you want me to accept it and shut up about it? Get tae fuck. 

Edited by Renton

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

You're probably right. And we will be in decline as a result. I accepted Brexit, but it was a pretty close call and many brexiteers repeatedly promised we would stay in the SM. I would say the only mandate therefore was for a soft Brexit and seek Norway type status. But instead we have ended up with just about the hardest Brexit possible. And you want me to accept it and shut up about it? Get tae fuck. 

There wasn't a mandate for either a soft or hard brexit, just a brexit

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

There wasn't a mandate for either a soft or hard brexit, just a brexit

Well as it was an advisory vote and half the constituent countries voted against it, I'd respectfully disagree. 

Leavers want Remainers to ‘move on’ despite the complete lack of compromise on the part of the former. Also the complete lack of honesty on their part is supposed to be accepted. Along with financial impact in virtually every industry, not least the ones that were meant to benefit. Then there’s the lurch to the right, the vindication of racism and xenophobia. Then we have no obvious solutions to the variety of corners we have painted ourselves into. Ignoring all that is the way to progress as a country apparently 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Leavers want Remainers to ‘move on’ despite the complete lack of compromise on the part of the former. Also the complete lack of honesty on their part is supposed to be accepted. Along with financial impact in virtually every industry, not least the ones that were meant to benefit. Then there’s the lurch to the right, the vindication of racism and xenophobia. Then we have no obvious solutions to the variety of corners we have painted ourselves into. Ignoring all that is the way to progress as a country apparently 

I don't think comparing everything we do to everything we used to have is a way to progress, personally.