Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

We aren't in the single market. Move on. We won't be rejoining it any time soon.

Fuck that. The Brexiters need to be reminded of how they have fucked the country every time we get a new slice of shit Brexit-related news. The stupid twats need to understand what they voted for and own it. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Fuck that. The Brexiters need to be reminded of how they have fucked the country every time we get a new slice of shit Brexit-related news. The stupid twats need to understand what they voted for and own it. 

Good plan. That'll end polarised politics

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Good plan. That'll end polarised politics

Polarised politics is here to stay. You think we can do anything abut it?

In the meantime, every time we have to queue for hours at airport customs or we learn how the thick twats who voted for this shite have fucked the country, at least we get to point it out to them. 

9 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Not really. I'm just tired of the noise from both sides.

Blame the cunts who called the referendum and the thick twats who voted to make our kids poorer

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Polarised politics is here to stay. You think we can do anything abut it?

In the meantime, every time we have to queue for hours at airport customs or we learn how the thick twats who voted for this shite have fucked the country, at least we get to point it out to them. 

At least we'll get to queue at airport customs, because we'll be vaccinated and allowed to leave the country.

If only we were still in the EU, we could be dead

• Jaysus... 1

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Blame the cunts who called the referendum and the thick twats who voted to make our kids poorer

They didn't though, did they? They voted for a faux utopia that they were promised off a small group of sinister individuals and they swallowed it. Aye they're thick, but that's not really their fault, is it? Most of the population is ignorant regarding politics. Continuing to point out their fuck up will just entrench them further into their position. The hostility needs to end.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

19 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

They didn't though, did they? They voted for a faux utopia that they were promised off a small group of sinister individuals and they swallowed it. Aye they're thick, but that's not really their fault, is it? Most of the population is ignorant regarding politics. Continuing to point out their fuck up will just entrench them further into their position. The hostility needs to end.

It’s your democratic duty to educate the ill-informed. What is putting your arm around people going to achieve? Things are going to be worse for us or our children. We will all be poorer, thanks to their vote. That needs to be acknowledged, not swept under the carpet. Own your mistakes and stop crying about it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s your democratic duty to educate the ill-informed. What is putting your arm around people going to achieve? Things are going to be worse for us or our children. We will all be poorer, thanks to their vote. That needs to be acknowledged, not swept under the carpet. Own your mistakes and stop crying about it 

:lol: shouting at people won't make them acknowledge their mistakes though, that's the point. 

8 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol: shouting at people won't make them acknowledge their mistakes though, that's the point. 

Who is shouting? This is public service 

40 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

At least we'll get to queue at airport customs, because we'll be vaccinated and allowed to leave the country.

If only we were still in the EU, we could be dead

Yes, it’s a shame we did all die here.

19 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

But who cares about that? You're talking as if we all want to reconcile with these people and make them see the light or something. That ship fucking sailed mate, I don't care what they think anymore - I'm just going to slate them as a form of catharsis. This is what they won. It's about the only thing they won in fact - one continuous, merciless bout of ridicule that is regenerated every time something new and terrible about Brexit is revealed. Given the age of many of them, they won't hear the end of it until they're six feet under.

As for this:

14 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

All of my values/beliefs lie centre-left but I feel increasingly pulled to the right because of the incessant noise being made over brexit. 

You're being pulled to the right on healthcare, economics, social issues and climate change because some people are still very upset about something that has negatively impacted many of these areas? Logically that makes no sense at all, so I'm going to assume it's more of an emotional, feeling based thing - i.e. you identify more with the right wingers defending the 'great British people' from the claims that they're a pack of fucking muppets. You're more than free to do that and I'll guess that there's a fair amount of online red pilling going on in that one as well given your recent talking points. 

But to be clear, you're going to throw in with people who bitch and moan constantly about Muslims, women, Marxists ffs, 'white genocide', the end of Western civilisation, how things were better in the 50s, how the Empire was a good thing, and how an elite cabal of supposedly left wing billionaires (give me a fucking break man, seriously) is secretly infecting everyone with 5G receptive nanobots through a vaccine which will act as a form of mindcontrol.

On the Remain front, although Renton has said it, the issue isn't so much that we voted out and left. It's that we voted out based on LIES, and the entire exercise was hijacked by the actual hard right of the Tory party, who traitorously sold out the country and its best interests in pursuit of their own gain.

Up your T levels a bit and think for yourself man, stop throwing in with people who are just trying to make you feel better about a shit situation they've created.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

But who cares about that? You're talking as if we all want to reconcile with these people and make them see the light or something. That ship fucking sailed mate, I don't care what they think anymore - I'm just going to slate them as a form of catharsis. This is what they won. It's about the only thing they won in fact - one continuous, merciless bout of ridicule that is regenerated every time something new and terrible about Brexit is revealed. Given the age of many of them, they won't hear the end of it until they're six feet under.

As for this:

You're being pulled to the right on healthcare, economics, social issues and climate change because some people are still very upset about something that has negatively impacted many of these areas? Logically that makes no sense at all, so I'm going to assume it's more of an emotional, feeling based thing - i.e. you identify more with the right wingers defending the 'great British people' from the claims that they're a pack of fucking muppets. You're more than free to do that and I'll guess that there's a fair amount of online red pilling going on in that one as well given your recent talking points. 

But to be clear, you're going to throw in with people who bitch and moan constantly about Muslims, women, Marxists ffs, 'white genocide', the end of Western civilisation, how things were better in the 50s, how the Empire was a good thing, and how an elite cabal of supposedly left wing billionaires (give me a fucking break man, seriously) is secretly infecting everyone with 5G receptive nanobots through a vaccine which will act as a form of mindcontrol.

On the Remain front, although Renton has said it, the issue isn't so much that we voted out and left. It's that we voted out based on LIES, and the entire exercise was hijacked by the actual hard right of the Tory party, who traitorously sold out the country and its best interests in pursuit of their own gain.

Up your T levels a bit and think for yourself man, stop throwing in with people who are just trying to make you feel better about a shit situation they've created.

I never said I was being pulled to the hard right mate, which is where all the things you raised come from. I identify more with people that want to unite the country and get on with things. 

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

I never said I was being pulled to the hard right mate, which is where all the things you raised come from. I identify more with people that want to unite the country and get on with things. 

So the moderate left and the centre right.

All I'm saying is that if you're going through the exploration into this stuff through the online stuff - having been there myself - it's a gateway to some pretty fucking wild shit. And I think a lot of the people espousing it are dishonest actors.

I can understand the desire for unity, but why should that come from our side?

Perhaps the problem was with the EU. A significant part of the populations of a lot of countries don't like freedom of movement. If they hadn't been so inflexible on it they wouldn't be in a perilous situation. When I was working abroad before the vote I got speaking to a German lad who asked me about brexit. Told him I wanted to remain and that the issue on the leave side was immigration. He ranted at me for about 10 minutes on how he hates it. 

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So the moderate left and the centre right.

All I'm saying is that if you're going through the exploration into this stuff through the online stuff - having been there myself - it's a gateway to some pretty fucking wild shit. And I think a lot of the people espousing it are dishonest actors.

I can understand the desire for unity, but why should that come from our side?

Because their side "won" the vote. There is a lot to be said about losing gracefully 

I think most Remainers have accepted losing the vote. Leavers now have to accept that what they "won" is, across the board, an absolute parcel of shite.

It's Leavers that are currently having a problem with acceptance. 

• Like 4