Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Alex said:

The Brexit cunts need their Pyrrhic victory like a toddler needs it’s comfort blanket tbh.  

The Swede nailed it before the referendum even. The most apt analogy ever.

IIt’s like when a child desperately wants to pee in his pants and does it,” said Nicola Clase, Sweden’s ambassador to Britain, when I asked how she viewed Brexit. “At first there’s a feeling of relief and for a few moments it’s nice and warm. Then he’s just cold and wet.” And the problem with the referendum, I added, is that while we might otherwise indulge the child’s enthusiasm, we’re all forced to share the same knickers.

• Like 2

I had a very tedious summer job putting those on (after testing the beer glasses) about 30 years ago. It was at the metrology lab on Saltmeadows Road in Gateshead. 

• Haha 3

That last smaller line, though. :lol:

'As it should be: Beer will taste as it used to again....At last!'

They've got to be trolling and must truly hold their readers in contempt. It's like a 1920s advert.

Edited by Howmanheyman

36 minutes ago, ewerk said:

_120541603_optimised-vacancies-nc.png

So much for the Tories being the party of business. It's hard to grow the economy when you've shut off one of your main supplies of labour.

If you look at the economic models for the FTA style Brexit we have undergone there were two issues which were forecast to hold back our economy by 5% GDP. First was non-tariff barriers to trade. Second was labour shortage. The predictions look spot on so far. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

bloody immigrants, coming over here, taking all the jobs that british people don't want to do 

That’s unfair. It’s also the jobs they’re unable to do

So..... We're pushing back import checks yet again, this time until January next year or July next year (but no doubt will be extended past this date). Frost says it is to give businesses more time to prepare. Which businesses, EU exporters? That's the only group this will help. So once again we prolong the asymmetrical position where UK businesses have to endure a raft of non-tariff barriers, rigorously enforced by the EU, whilst EU companies can export what they like with minimal paper work, completely unchecked? The only reason for this I can make out is that we simply don't have the capacity to enforce the terms of the TCA we negotiated. Why the fuck is this not being adequately reported @Dr Gloom?

This is a nation slowly committing suicide, it really is. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

So..... We're pushing back import checks yet again, this time until January next year or July next year (but no doubt will be extended past this date). Frost says it is to give businesses more time to prepare. Which businesses, EU exporters? That's the only group this will help. So once again we prolong the asymmetrical position where UK businesses have to endure a raft of non-tariff barriers, rigorously enforced by the EU, whilst EU companies can export what they like with minimal paper work, completely unchecked? The only reason for this I can make out is that we simply don't have the capacity to enforce the terms of the TCA we negotiated. Why the fuck is this not being adequately reported @Dr Gloom?

This is a nation slowly committing suicide, it really is. 

i posted a link to this story from the FT on the previous page

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

i posted a link to this story from the FT on the previous page

Your FT link was actually about the UK unilaterally extending the grace period of the NI protocol. The FT is a pay walled paper read by few people. The fact that we have decided not to control our borders with the EU, to the great detriment of UK businesses who want a level playing field, should be major news. I bet it won't get on the BBC news at 10 tonight, or if it does the implications won't be explained.  (I notice Gove's disgusting racist remarks didn't get aired either btw). 

• Like 1