Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If the editorial decision making is making the coverage biased that’s all that fucking matters given that’s what dictates what goes out. I don’t blame individual journalists btw. Not every can just walk away from a job because of their principles 

Edited by Alex

The odd thing about the bbc is it largely conforms to what the swivel eyed loons want to hear, or at least goes out of its way not to offend them. The latter with its ridiculous notion of ‘balance’. Yet the little Englanders not only hate them / distrust them anyway, almost no one else takes their news coverage seriously now either. In licking the government’s arse to save themselves they’ve pretty much sealed their fate. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

no but i know loads of people who do or who have done over the years and all the conspiracy stuff is a load of bollocks tbh.

Just wondering why you get loads of shit for their coverage, when it’s literally nowt to do with you.

Unlucky tbh

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, strawb said:

Just wondering why you get loads of shit for their coverage, when it’s literally nowt to do with you.

Unlucky tbh

i defended the bbc at a time when it's considered very uncool to do so, i guess. 

Gloomy fighting on like a WW1 grunt in the face of overwhelming opposition here :lol:

His point about balance does actually stand up, mostly. 
For every Kuenssberg, you have a Maitlis, and   a Wark. 

What’s changed ( and I’m talking specifically about BBC News), as Alex pointed out, is that the upper editorial team are all rampant Tories. :lol:

Thats just fact. 

The county is on the brink of being unable to provide the food and goods that any western society would expect as standard and we’re hearing about a fucking Llama being shot because it’s riddled with TB, or Kim fucking Kardashian turning up to some do in a burqa. 

I’d expect at the very least, that the National broadcast channel would ask, in the strongest possible way, why Brexit has led to Mr & Mrs Gammon not being able to buy their  usual, regular supply of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fresh Pastas, German lagers and that nice Côtes de Rhone that Muriel likes so much- you know, all that foreign muck they voted to not have access to… 

:whistling:

• Like 3

Amazing quote in the FT piece 

image.thumb.png.61ea8ac3a354f3ac3bb71e60498184b4.png

Got 20 seconds on the BBC news last night and was due to coronavirus apparently. Still nothing on Gove's historical hate speeches on "toothless northerners" and "fuzzy wuzzies".

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Renton said:

A footballer puts out a dodgy tweet, 12 years ago, when he was a kid. Outrage ensues, banned from social media , damaged career prospects etc. A cabinet minister makes a blatantly racist hate speech, nada, not even reported. Thoughts @Dr Gloom?

i don't know tbh but i'm inclined to think it's to do with verification rather than the result of a MSM conspiracy.  

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i don't know tbh but i'm inclined to think it's to do with verification rather than the result of a MSM conspiracy.  

It hardly has to be a conspiracy. More like it's just not considered newsworthy. I think it might be to red wall voters and black people personally. 

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

It hardly has to be a conspiracy. More like it's just not considered newsworthy. I think it might be to red wall voters and black people personally. 

The racist comments would probably would have solidified support in the red wall 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Time we all started blaming Renton for Covid. That's why he left the NHS, to try and cover his tracks. 

Agreed.

While Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein are on you, given your history as the taxi queue predator  

• Haha 3

I know my place on here. I’ll take the flak for the media. A bit like how brexit is all CT’s fault 

Well you both go to ridiculous lengths to justify those things, despite all evidence to the contrary 

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Well you both go to ridiculous lengths to justify those things, despite all evidence to the contrary 

i tend to bite when people who have never worked in a newsroom make assumptions about what it's like. it's basically impossible to get your news story published somewhere like the bbc if it is opinionated or unverified. 

44 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i tend to bite when people who have never worked in a newsroom make assumptions about what it's like. it's basically impossible to get your news story published somewhere like the bbc if it is opinionated or unverified. 

If that’s to do with the BBC Charter then the Charter has to change…. I don’t see a million miles of difference between Sky News & the BBC news tbh. It probably just needs tweaking so they can properly challenge the array of fuckin liars the government sends out to speak to us. Impartiality helped Brexit enormously and if the BBC can’t recognise that point then they’d be as well giving up because the world has fundamentally changed since the advent of the internet and banging on about 20th century concepts like “impartiality” is nonsense when they couldn’t lay a glove on Farage who they allowed to lie with impunity almost weekly for half a decade.. 

• Like 2

I think Andrew Neil ripping into all the party leaders bar the PM was the final straw for me. Fair enough, they couldn’t physically force Johnson to be there in person but letting him go on Andrew Marr instead was an absolute piss take

• Like 2