Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So after being publicly told to fuck off by the USA we want to join both an Asian and a North American free trade agreement. As for that European free trade agreement right on our doorstep? Nah, fuck those guys.

It’s as desperate as it is stupid.

• Like 3

I rarely watch News Night but I saw this last night. "Lord" Hannan is a fucking know nothing moron, even by Brexiteer standards, yet he always seems to be on this program.  Boyle put him in his place though with some style. 

• Like 2

Tell you what though, Johnson and co. played a blinder throwing their lot in with Trump. Firstly because he lost, secondly because he wouldn’t have done us any favours anyway. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

so the conspiracy only applies to bbc1 news bulletins? 

No, read what Alex said again and stop being a dafty. Any criticism of the government is demoted to niche programs no bugger watches. It's not a conspiracy, it's visible in plain daylight. It's a fact.

I think you have to put it in context, right? It’s facing a licence review by a government with an unequivocal anti-BBC agenda. It’s future is in more doubt than ever before. In that context it’s almost a surprise there isn’t more of this stuff going on. I think despite all of this it’s still doing a better job than most of you lot seem to. I watch newsnight every night. There isn’t a better current affairs show in the world 

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I think you have to put it in context, right? It’s facing a licence review by a government with an unequivocal anti-BBC agenda. It’s future is in more doubt than ever before. In that context it’s almost a surprise there isn’t more of this stuff going on. I think despite all of this it’s still doing a better job than most of you lot seem to. I watch newsnight every night. There isn’t a better current affairs show in the world 

You must watch a lot shows fron other countries to be able to make this sort of a claim. They add should make a special series of goggle box for you tbh.

But to be fair, I prefer watching the BBC to the German tv channels but mainly because of the great documentaries.

I think the BBC is in trouble, aware that it's not long for this world if public opinion remains as it does, and is pandering as best it can.

It has a choice to make. It can be be truthful and honest, and be disbanded by the government to the cheers of right wing fuckmuppets everywhere, or it can pander to them until its not recognisable as anything other than a Daily Mail variant, having long since been abandoned by intelligent people and yet still despised by the ageing boomers it yearns for the approval of.

Seems like it's chosen the latter.

Edited by Rayvin

16 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Plenty of 'Boris Johnson says' in her tweets and not a lot of, (any?) 'I think' in them.

Tbf to LK, she isn’t a commentator. Straight news reporters are supposed to be straight. It's not their job to tell viewers what to think

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Tbf to LK, she isn’t a commentator. Straight news reporters are supposed to be straight. It's not their job to tell viewers what to think

Ok, change 'claims' for 'says' then pick the bones out of it, if that's not her job what is? Johnson's press secretary?

14 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Ok, change 'claims' for 'says' then pick the bones out of it, if that's not her job what is? Johnson's press secretary?

Right, so that part I agree with. A lot of “the PM says” and “according to s Downing Street source” when Cummings was running the show, without enough hard analysis. But she isn’t paid to tell us what she thinks because she’s a reporter, not a commentator 

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I had a look through her tweets this morning and it appears that her job is to be an uncritical mouthpiece for the Tory government.

Show me that I’m wrong.