Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

We were out yesterday and genuinely had to go and fill up cos car was about to run out. Tesco at KP had completely run out of normal unleaded and only had premium left. 

I splashed out cos I'm a gangsta but the place was bedlam. What a winter we've got in store here. :lol:

I'm now with Octopus Energy as all Avro customers have been hoyed across. They seem like good lads so far. 

Aye we've just had an e mail saying we're getting moved to Octopus from Avro

What a fucking ball aches passports are post-Brexit

Flying to Rhodes in 3 weeks. The wife's passport expires 01/2022. Had a random thought that I should double check it's still valid. Turns out it expired for EU use on 12/2020. 13 months just disappeared off it.

Easy fix I thought. We'll just pay extra for the "1 week premium passport service".  Except it's 9 days until the next appointment at Durham for a 1 week passport. And then it takes 7 days after the appointment for the passport to get delivered :lol: Welcome to Tory Britain 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Paying more for a blue passport that isn't blue made in Polland for a French company that isn't as useful and doesn't last as long as the old EU one.

Peak Brexit. 

You missed the bit about it being made by a UK company pre-Brexit 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

What a fucking ball aches passports are post-Brexit

Flying to Rhodes in 3 weeks. The wife's passport expires 01/2022. Had a random thought that I should double check it's still valid. Turns out it expired for EU use on 12/2020. 13 months just disappeared off it.

Easy fix I thought. We'll just pay extra for the "1 week premium passport service".  Except it's 9 days until the next appointment at Durham for a 1 week passport. And then it takes 7 days after the appointment for the passport to get delivered :lol: Welcome to Tory Britain 

On a positive note, Rhodes is nice 

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye, we've been a few times. Staying in Lindos which is nice. Can slum it in Pefkos for a change and will probably spend a day in Rhodes town 

where you staying in Lindos?  We went in 2019…. go and see Spiros in the Captains Bar in town, he used to play for a Greek divi 2 side but his lad has gone to Olympiacos I think….

20 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye, we've been a few times. Staying in Lindos which is nice. Can slum it in Pefkos for a change and will probably spend a day in Rhodes town 

Stayed in Pefkos. Not as nice as Lindos but just round the corner really. Lindos is beautiful. As is Rhodes Town (the old town). Been on a Med cruise with a stop at Rhodes Town a couple of times too. The island’s worth a tour if you have a car. The west coast is wild and largely deserted, as it’s windy as fuck. Lots of ruined castles from the crusades

The petrol  shortage is starting to affect schools. Some school buses in Oxfordshire aren't running as they have no fuel. Also some teachers can't get into schools for the same reason. Apparently as tankers are pulling up at garages & filling up people are straight onto social media & within hours the garages are empty again. Seems like telling people NOT to panic buy has had the complete opposite effect. What now Boris old chum

Surely at some point every panic buyer will have a  full tank? Mind Mrs Rents saw the queue was short at Sainsbury's yesterday so decided to get some petrol as we have a lot of driving this weekend (I reckon we probably have enough but anyway..). She was still stuck there an hour as the 3 people in front of her were all filling Jerry cans they had in their boot. 

I like how they can’t seem to decide if they are or if they’re not calling in the army. Because the 150 drivers they’re proposing will have a negligible effect anyway. This government in microcosm