Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I agree that this is a pretty tolerant country. However, the only reason we're a more tolerant country than many of the ones you mention is because this country has a sizeable number of left leaning, compassionate people like the ones you're arguing with - not because our right wingers are better than anyone else's. So when you or anyone else goes on about how tolerant this country is, you're really saying how much good the left has done here, and how fortunate it is that we're able to make our presence felt.

Our method for doing this, and ensuring that the country is held to account on being tolerant and compassionate, is kicking off at the government day in day out about its relentless bullshit. That is the only reason anyone can even begin to consider this a tolerant country. If we left it to the right we'd be nowhere fucking near it, because our right don't really care anymore than anyone else's right. They look 'better' than those places you mention because we have lifted them up. We educated and shamed them into moving forward. If we ever want to get anywhere, we have to constantly hold their feet to the fire.

How do you think we became more tolerant than those places you mentioned ffs. By refusing to let intolerant and despicable actions be acceptable. The moment we say "ah well, we're still better than the Middle East" is the moment we give the government and the bigots permission to start backsliding.

I don't disagree. I just think people need to lighten up. There's a default everything is shit cos tories attitude on here. 

57 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I don't disagree. I just think people need to lighten up. There's a default everything is shit cos tories attitude on here. 

Aye, I can't think why...

Tories have been in power for over a decade, I think it's reasonable to conclude that the majority of issues this country is facing is due to their management/mismanagement.

• Like 1

France have uninvited Patel to a meeting to work out how to solve the issue because that useless fuckhead tweeted an open letter of his thoughts about how we sort the problem instead of writing to Macron directly as you would expect any serious leader to do. Courting cheap votes at home > being a serious leader.

So once again, our relationship with France is in the pits because Johnson doesn't understand diplomacy on any level.

Raab said at the time what a good deal it was for N.I. Whilst obviously not realising the implications of the statement because he’s thick as pig’s shit

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3

On 02/12/2021 at 11:10, Renton said:

So, the US has lifted its Trump-Era tariffs with the EU. Good news. Meanwhile, they're not lifting the tariffs on the UK because of our fucking around with the NIP.

We're having a trade war with the yanks lads. Biden is shitting himself. :lol:

BBC News - UK warns US of retaliation over steel tariffs
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59597310

2 hours ago, Renton said:

We're having a trade war with the yanks lads. Biden is shitting himself. :lol:

“ It could also broaden the scope of the retaliatory measures to include other items, including lobsters, electric motors and orange juice.“

Well, bang goes my plans for microwaved Lobster a L’Orange. 

:CT:

23 hours ago, Isegrim said:

We're so gaslighted in the UK.  All this shit will have to be paid for at some time, by the generation that had no say in it. 

I've also banged on about this a few times, the writing of Brittania Unchained,  a fucking economically illiterate travesty of a book written  by people who far from loving the UK, hate it. Four of these authors are now Cabinet minsters. This review is nearly.10 years old, but my God, the reviewer is prescient. Worth reading.