Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just picked up Christmas presents sent from friends in England in December. The delivery took six weeks and it did cost me 13 Euros in custom charges for the pleasure of receiving gifts (a pair of socks, a calendar, two cards and two sets of origami folds for the kids).

At least you got your freedom back and are paying less for energy…

Oh wait.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I just picked up Christmas presents sent from friends in England in December. The delivery took six weeks and it did cost me 13 Euros in custom charges for the pleasure of receiving gifts (a pair of socks, a calendar, two cards and two sets of origami folds for the kids).

Oh wait.

Hey wait, you're the one that waited 6 weeks and paid the surcharge, not us. So who's actually laughing now again? 😉

• Haha 1

On 05/02/2022 at 13:52, Isegrim said:

Oh wait.

Is that Germany? Those must've been some fucking nice socks. I send stuff all over the world using Royal Mail and only ever run into delays like that at Chicago customs. Never had anyone get hit with customs charges for anything worth less than £100 (that I'm aware of, at least).

On a more serious note though, you should be grateful. I just got alcohol for Christmas. Had to go out my way to buy my own fucking socks this year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/07/2016 at 13:28, Christmas Tree said:

:lol:

You brought it up!!!!

Bottom line is me and you can post positive / negative stories til the cows come home, but the truth is we'll know in about 5 years time. And even then people will argue.

Funnily enough, five years later he doesn't want to talk about it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Funnily enough, five years later he doesn't want to talk about it.

Fucking hell :lol: 

I could say we’ve only been properly left 1 year etc etc but instead I will refer you to this post only a few weeks ago which you liked. 🥰

59F23D1F-5159-47B5-BE09-E62A7FB08D25.thumb.jpeg.fb3a29b8737566ecb57b137004267955.jpeg

In a way CT is right. It's like you've been to a party with your partner and they have utterly disgraced themselves. In the cold light of the morning, you are still cringing but they sure as hell don't want to talk about it. 

Brexit is and has been a complete shit show. There are clearly literally no upsides, only downsides. We have made our economy poorer and taken away our own freedoms. We have burnt our political capital and soft power around the world. We are a laughing stock. The only brexiters who want to talk about it are either lunatics or wums, and tbf I don't think CT is either now.

I think its going to get more interesting now as the fog of covid clears and the threat of war materialises. The former will outline clearly the economic damage that has and is being done. The latter will focus minds on who was actually behind Brexit and who gained. We know who were paying for Leave, and these same fuckers - quite literally traitors - are now the ones blaming the West and NATO (don't worry @Rayvin, no need to apologise, I don't mean you, I'm talking about Farage and Banks et al.). At the same time, cunts like Johnson are appealing for European unity against the Russian threat. The hypocrisy is mind blowing and the penny is certainly beginning to drop. I so hope that eventually justice can be done but I'll not hold my breath. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

In a way CT is right. It's like you've been to a party with your partner and they have utterly disgraced themselves. In the cold light of the morning, you are still cringing but they sure as hell don't want to talk about it. 

Aye but you could be damn sure that I'm not going to let it go until I've gotten an apology and a blowjob.

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I could say we’ve only been properly left 1 year etc etc but instead I will refer you to this post only a few weeks ago which you liked. 🥰

59F23D1F-5159-47B5-BE09-E62A7FB08D25.thumb.jpeg.fb3a29b8737566ecb57b137004267955.jpeg

has it sunk in yet that Brexit was a massive con? 

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

How very convenient ;) 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

The man has exposed himself as an intellectual pygmy. He has literally put down in black and white that he wants to re-run the NI Assembly elections in order to get the result he wants.

Edited by ewerk