Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chapman (the local MP for Dunfermline and West Fife)

“This announcement is the culmination of months and months of work to get us to this stage.”

"I am hugely excited by this announcement of further investigating the possibility to start a direct freight service between Rosyth and Zeebrugge in 2023, and that this also includes investigating the possibility for a regular passenger service.”

“Connections have been made with VisitScotland and VisitFlanders along with a commitment to explore a full range of tourism and passenger opportunities.”

“Following Brexit we have identified many exporters who are keen to use a more direct route into key EU markets and every avenue is being explored to boost trade using this new, cost-effective ferry service.”

“The signing of this agreement is a great step forward. We've found that the project has a high amount of public and commercial goodwill and the hard work will continue in both Scotland and in Flanders to make sure the service is a huge and sustainable success.”

https://www.thenational.scot/news/20214578.scotland-europe-ferry-link-to-return-2023-amid-post-brexit-interest/?ref=twtrec

We have a new hire in Ireland who is working for our North American division. Because of geographic location, I've agreed that the UK will provide and support his IT hardware - laptop, monitors etc. However I've realised that it makes no economic sense for us to provide his mobile phone as Ireland is in the EU, and the UK is not - therefore every connection he would make would be subject to additional roaming charges.

I'm trying, therefore to get our French division to set him up with a mobile phone as they are EU. But they're arguing it makes no sense given Ireland is geographically closer to the UK than France. Meanwhile, this guy still has no phone.

Fucking Brexit, don't you just love it? 

36 minutes ago, Craig said:

We have a new hire in Ireland who is working for our North American division. Because of geographic location, I've agreed that the UK will provide and support his IT hardware - laptop, monitors etc. However I've realised that it makes no economic sense for us to provide his mobile phone as Ireland is in the EU, and the UK is not - therefore every connection he would make would be subject to additional roaming charges.

I'm trying, therefore to get our French division to set him up with a mobile phone as they are EU. But they're arguing it makes no sense given Ireland is geographically closer to the UK than France. Meanwhile, this guy still has no phone.

Fucking Brexit, don't you just love it? 

Keep at it. The French will fold like a broken deckchair, as you know only too well. :razz:

• Haha 2

He's now suggesting we should leverage a VOIP solution so he can use WiFi calling. The bloke is fucking mobile - spends half his life on the road. Utter morons, man!

One of my early jobs was site manager building a replacement clubhouse for a pigeon racing club, in Bolton (oh the glamour).

Their old one was compulsory purchased by the council so they could build on the land and it was a basically a hut. The moaning old bastards basically wanted a solid gold replacement, the demands they made were mental. There was only about 6 of them as well.

I just went over to the Mail to see how they were getting on with the days news an the number of upvoted comments on there that are blaming Brexit for the mess we are in is actually pretty staggering. Maybe they're being brigaded by lefties, it's possible, but even so. 

Will the penny drop, one day? Even if we aren't going to rejoin, even if that argument can't be made, we should at least be able to say what a fucking disaster this has been and start reconciling with each other, start looking at how to stop such traitorous sabotage being committed against this country again.

On the other hand, one of the key architects of this treasonous and unpatriotic outcome (don't mind me, I just like throwing these truthful but needless words in there in the hope someone who voted that way is mildly annoyed by it) is now reinventing himself as a public speaker:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/23/dominic-cummings-attempts-career-reboot-as-political-speaker

So who knows where we go from here. I hope he's also delivering his speech in Russian though, he owes them that much.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s not much consolation but he’ll be somewhat devastated at how irrelevant he’s become. 

Aye, that's something. I have the feeling he really thought his contributions to Partygate would see off Johnson as well. Doesn't wield the power he thought he did, and never will again. That's a satisfying thought at the very least.