Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye, that's something. I have the feeling he really thought his contributions to Partygate would see off Johnson as well. Doesn't wield the power he thought he did, and never will again. That's a satisfying thought at the very least.

Aye, from what I could tell all the Tweets about it basically resulted in people taking the piss out of him when he thought he was really sticking the knife in. The cock and bull story re: Barnard Castle unsurprisingly didn’t help his credibility. He thinks he’s some sort of visionary genius but all he does is create a mess then let someone else deal with the consequences 

Edited by Alex

I was thinking about this last night. If Brexit really could cause prolonged inflation, then the impact on standard of living will be much worse than the 5% I had envisioned. This year alone, the average pay rise in the private sector is 4%, which is a real terms 7% pay cut. It will be worse in the public sector after more than a decade of cuts. We'll never get that back.If this goes on year in year out, the painful adjustment Gove spoke of, it'll make the 1980s look like a cake walk. 

Or we get a non Tory govt and can work with the EU to reduce trade friction etc - the stuff Smith was on about on that last pod. It's not gonna be good but it could be better than it is. 

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Or we get a non Tory govt and can work with the EU to reduce trade friction etc - the stuff Smith was on about on that last pod. It's not gonna be good but it could be better than it is. 

Yeah, but even that might be 2 years away. And the trouble is, there is no counterfactual. If things are improved behind the scenes, the general population won't relate this to improved standards of living. Although it may become more obvious when we can't afford to holiday and the rest of Europe can I guess.

Just found it on twitter. I have nothing but absolute disdain for her, piping off that grubby looking fat bastard. :lol:

Who was the poor twat that walked in on that horror show. Like catching Aunt Sally sucking Worzel Gummidge off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Just found it on twitter. I have nothing but absolute disdain for her, piping off that grubby looking fat bastard. :lol:

Who was the poor twat that walked in on that horror show. Like catching Aunt Sally sucking Worzel Gummidge off. 

Not his wife at the time so it must've been her audition or her pitch for the job he tried to get her. 

Paul just wants to believe more.

Honestly, this story will be repeated hundreds of times with countless SMEs suffering. I really fear the country's economy is on a tipping point now, country is going right down the shitter.  See Guardian article today. 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jun/30/rishi-sunak-uk-energy-prices-staff-shortages-supply-chain

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Renton said:

Paul just wants to believe more.

Honestly, this story will be repeated hundreds of times with countless SMEs suffering. I really fear the country's economy is on a tipping point now, country is going right down the shitter.  See Guardian article today. 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jun/30/rishi-sunak-uk-energy-prices-staff-shortages-supply-chain

Continuing to ignore the advice of the BCC and stick his fingers in his ears. Utter cunt.