Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Rocco Forte, the hotelier that kept telling us how bad the EU was during the time of the referendum (and the father of that stupid bint the hotel inspector), now is moving to Italy because the UK is in decline he says. 

This really FUCKS ME OFF. These cunts, like Farage, who inflicted this on us, have zero accountability and just fuck off to leave normal people like us no option but endure the consequences. No retirement for me in France now thanks to cunts like this (probably always a pipedream but dfinitely is now). No EU opportunities for my kids. Just left to decline in a nation getting overtaken by every Eastern European country going. 

I KNOW I'm not supposed to get angry about it, it does no good and is not good for me. But sorry, I just can't help it. They make me feel murderous. 

He’s a Boris Johnson sycophant so what do you expect? He probably didn’t even believe what he was saying but it’s a purely philosophical argument for tye likes of him and Dyson as they’re insulated from the worst effects of it anyway. Worst thing that’ll happen is they’ll give a few less millions to the dodgy charities that only exist because they evade tax 

• Like 1

In a way it’s possibly good in the long term if this happens. But it’s fucking awful in the short to medium term. But how will people realise what’s really happening and how much they’ve been duped otherwise? The PM meanwhile is still banging on about stopping the boats as a top priority. Even though their policies basically create the market for them and legal net immigration has doubled 

Edited by Alex

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The amount of vindication we're going to get about Brexit over the years man :lol:

It's pyrrhic thoughisn't it? UK car industry employs 800,000 people. Once that goes its gone, it'll never come back. How can the country survive loss of industry on that scale. It happened in Australia in an incredibly short space of time. But Australia is a countryof vast resoucres and low population. 

I genuinely believe people are waking upnow. But its already too late. 

Aye the country is fucked but we may as well get some satisfaction out of not having been conned by a pack of traitors because we were too insecure to admit to ourselves that we didn't know as much as experts in certain fields.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Aye the country is fucked but we may as well get some satisfaction out of not having been conned by a pack of traitors because we were too insecure to admit to ourselves that we didn't know as much as experts in certain fields.

I get no satisfaction knowing the traitors have no accountability and have bailed on the UK after fucking it. Just hatred I'm afraid. 

I don't know a single person who supported Brexit in real life btw, excepting some neighbours (possibly). Not one. But we're all suffering the consequences regardless. 

27 minutes ago, Renton said:

I get no satisfaction knowing the traitors have no accountability and have bailed on the UK after fucking it. Just hatred I'm afraid. 

I don't know a single person who supported Brexit in real life btw, excepting some neighbours (possibly). Not one. But we're all suffering the consequences regardless. 

I know a few... one of them moved to Canada shortly after voting for it. Seems to be a bit of a running theme tbh.

This is the reason Starmer won't be more open about Brexit and moving us towards the EEA (which would take two parliaments I reckon).

Thing is, I was listening to Campbell on the Newsagents this week, and he made the point that Labour doesn't need to worry on what the Mail says any more. Anyone who still buys it is a lost cause. I think he's right. I was absolutely struck yesterday that the BBC had Brexit destroying the car industry as the headline in News at Ten. Not only that, but it was relatively forensic in its analysis by their standards, for more than 5 minutes. This would have been unthinkable a year ago. Now we are in the process of colliding head on with the shit reality of the TCA, with hundreds of thousands of jobs on the line, things are finally changing. 

• Like 2

Whatever you think of him (abd I have a lot of time for him) Labour could do with  strategist like him now. The lack of vision is quite apparent 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile Starmer has been giving an interview with the fucking Daily Express saying the UK will never joing the EU, the SM, the CU, or have FoM again. Here's the link but I wouldn't recomend it.

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/1775780/sir-keir-starmer-labour-rejoin-eu-brexit

Is pandering to the Express like this necessary? How many votes does he think he will gain from this? How many does he think he will lose? He's lost me rejoining as a member already.  I am now officially at the stage where I want him replaced as leader, I actually pretty much despise him at this stage, 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

Similar to what Campbell was saying about the Mail iirc anyone reading the express is a lost cause. I wished the police had issued a fine now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Similar to what Campbell was saying about the Mail iirc anyone reading the express is a lost cause. I wished the police had issued a fine now. 

Yeah. Just musing at this point, but if the tories somehow got a moderate candidate PM and flipped to a rejoin ticket and economic competency I'd be half tempted to vote for them. Okay, maybe not in truth :lol:, but this is the thing. People are overwhelmingly against Brexit now, especially the young, the future of the country and the future electorate. The direction of travel is clearly one way. It literally boggles my mind how Starmer is betraying their aspirations and I can't even see the political strategy in it at all.

I can see why he doesn't want to risk talking about it. But then to actively come out and stir the pot in favour of a permanent Brexit, that I can't fathom. It also literally give the tory an obvious win in the next GE cycle. That and along with his general insipid dulllness, the fact he's an Arsenal fan, and his opposition of electoral reform means he can sincerely get fucked. Honestly just don't know if I can vote for him. I almost certianly will, like I did Corbyn, but just for once it would be nice to vote for a party rather than against one. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah. Just musing at this point, but if the tories somehow got a moderate candidate PM and flipped to a rejoin ticket and economic competency I'd be half tempted to vote for them. Okay, maybe not in truth :lol:, but this is the thing. People are overwhelmingly against Brexit now, especially the young, the future of the country and the future electorate. The direction of travel is clearly one way. It literally boggles my mind how Starmer is betraying their aspirations and I can't even see the political strategy in it at all.

I can see why he doesn't want to risk talking about it. But then to actively come out and stir the pot in favour of a permanent Brexit, that I can't fathom. It also literally give the tory an obvious win in the next GE cycle. That and along with his general insipid dulllness, the fact he's an Arsenal fan, and his opposition of electoral reform means he can sincerely get fucked. Honestly just don't know if I can vote for him. I almost certianly will, like I did Corbyn, but just for once it would be nice to vote for a party rather than against one. 

I’m with you there.  Don’t know why he just doesn’t say Brexit is old news or something. I think I’ll probably vote Green if there’s a candidate. It won’t make any difference where I live but I can’t vote for him at this point 

Edited by Alex

Just seen this, from the weekend. Hold on. 60% of Daily Express readers think Brexit has been a failure, and now Starmer thinks it's a good time to tell them otherwise. :lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Talking of Alistair Campbell, he's spot on here. 

• Like 1

It’s certainly an optimistic take on what Starmer said but he might be right. The problem he will have though is that he has been telling everyone that he can make Brexit work and to propose rejoining would be admitting failure. He will be asked the straight question, ‘will you take the U.K. back into the EU?’ in the run up to the election.

Starmer's current rhetoric is unnecessary. I'm not expecting to join the SM in the space of a term, but I do not expect the words Starmer has used. You're either in the SM, with FoM, or you're not. I'm fucking sick of the lying cakeism bollocks about this issue, which we're now getting from Labour as they replace the tories.

And let's be honest, appeasing the morons who read the Express isn't a vote winner anyway, see below. Dunt is fooling himself here.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Thread.

Again, this completely ignores the point that Starmer is actively supporting Brexit and actively stating we are out of the EU, SM, CU, and FoM forever. And that goes against mainstream opinion now and actively risks voters such as myself and Rayvin. I mean, I wouldnt feel the need to write this otherwise, its Starmer that's fucking brought the whole Brexit shit show up himself! I don't want a Brexiter as PM. And if he's lying, I don't want another liar either. He could just remain quiet and agnostic, but he's not doing that.

Not to mention the utterly shit impression this must give the EU. They've told us time and time again the four freedoms are not negotiable or divisible. So Starmer is condemning the country to inevitable economic decline, because we can't prosper sandwiched between the superpowers of the EU and US. 

Every day it isn’t built upon, our European friends and competitors aren’t just eating our lunch – they’re nicking our dinner money as well

Nice one Keith, this is exactly the type of bollocks Johnson would be proud to come up with. I'm sure our EU "friends" will be impressed with this rhetoric. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

As you say he's assuming an extra couple of thousand votes this may bring are worth it as he assumes you'll vote for him anyway. 

I think he's in for a shock ay how many fuck yous he gets because of this and the rest of his unashamedly tory shite.