Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not that I'm aware of. The only suggestion has been to give NI special status. But the Unionists would never have that. It would give NI an incredible advantage over other regions of the UK economically but would mean having to show our blue passports when flying so it's not even up for consideration.

Just now, Rayvin said:

Has anyone actually tabled a workable, non-hard border solution?

No. The UK's response has been to dump the issue on the EU. I recommend you read the UK's pathetic position papers.

There can be no physical border on the mainland which won't jeopardize the GFA. Also the practicalities. Let's just assume we want to put up number plate recognition cameras up. They'll be shot down. Who then is going to volunteer to replace them? I nominate Gove sans Kevlar vest.

BTW Gove is staunchly against the GFA. He wants a return to war. 

How can anyone in politics support a position that is 'staunchly against the GFA'... ? I assume he doesn't actually want a return to war :lol:

But yeah, this sounds problematic for the government. Glad I don't have to work it out.

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

How can anyone in politics support a position that is 'staunchly against the GFA'... ? I assume he doesn't actually want a return to war :lol:

But yeah, this sounds problematic for the government. Glad I don't have to work it out.

Read his 2000 dissertation "The price of peace" and get back to me on that.

I've been saying for months now that NI is a problem that is essentially insoluble. It'll either lead to the softest of Brexits or a catastrophic trade and actual physical war. Honestly don't know which. 

The Scottish-born Brexit campaigner said the agreement was a “rigged referendum”, a “mortal stain” and “a humiliation of our army, police and parliament”.

'Rule Britannia!'

14 hours ago, ewerk said:

The Daily Mail readers have come up with a few ideas.

Quite a range of posts. He failed to mention bog trotter, virus infections and to add a curry recipe...

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Well it beats giving the eu everything they want first then hoping we get a "cracking deal" on trade.

The border isn't about giving the EU everything it wants. It's just as important an issue for the UK, it's just that the UK has no solutions for it.

Because they believe that the UK are going to leave it to them to fix it when it isn't them causing the problem. It's the UK seeking to leave so it's up to the UK to develop a workable strategy and no one has any faith that they will be able to do so.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Why do you think the EU wants all this stuff sorted before a trade agreement?

Because they think the UK should sort out the mess it has created?