Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People from Yorkshire aren't the average voter. They live in a bubble forty years in the past. Just look at wyki ffs.

We'd see a much higher turnout this time with many more voting remain.

Never going to happen. Brexit negotiations going well, Germans falling into line on bespoke deal and financial equivalence for the city. Project fear predictions of immediate recession proved to be lies and Manufacturing growing at fastest rate since the crash.

All those wo were cowered into voting remain would break free of the fear and vote leave giving a 65/35 result.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Never going to happen. Brexit negotiations going well, Germans falling into line on bespoke deal and financial equivalence for the city. Project fear predictions of immediate recession proved to be lies and Manufacturing growing at fastest rate since the crash.

All those wo were cowered into voting remain would break free of the fear and vote leave giving a 65/35 result.

You're losing, get over it

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Brexit negotiations going well

We fell over the finish live of the phase one negotiations after conceding to the EU on every one of their demands.

Germans falling into line on bespoke deal

"Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, is strongly opposed to a British plan for so-called “managed divergence” from the EU after Brexit, with senior EU officials and experts warning that the German leader considers the idea another ruse for Britain to “have its cake and eat it”. - From The Telegraph 09/01/18

and financial equivalence for the city.

"The UK could be forced to pay the EU for City firms to maintain single market access to the Continent after Brexit.

Germany is behind the plan, Bloomberg reports, with officials from two departments in Berlin saying they expected the UK to make substantial payments, as well as adhering to EU law." - So equivalence is adhering to EU law and paying money to the EU for something we already have.

Manufacturing growing at fastest rate since the crash.

"British manufacturing is riding high on two big trends - a weaker currency and global growth." - So global growth that is nothing to do with us and a weaker currency which will not continue to aid growth in the long term.

So, what do you have to say beyond the headlines?

Fwiw I think a second referendum would see Remain win by some margin, looking at the polls (I know). Remain would need to fight a positive campaign and get the young out.

But at the moment it's uncertain A50 can be legally cancelled. On the whole, it would be best for all concerned to remove the toxic presence of the UK from the EU political sphere but remain in the EEA. Not sure even that is possible now like. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Brexit negotiations going well :lol:

it was the marmite wot won it 

Our European cousins are literally shitting shit the consistency of marmite at the thought of more expensive marmite. 

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

:lol:

Okay, but can you at least name the news source?

:lol: Loads man. Loads of coverage on the good manufacturing news and loads on the Bespoke deal and loads on them starting to come round on the financial services.

All positive stuff but do beware the renewed round of willy waving that will accompany round 2.

And what do we get from remainers, prayer mats out praying for an economic hammering to thwart Brexit. :lol:

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I took the time to respond to your post. Do me the courtesy of addressing my response.

Your response is a regurgitation of my points with a biased slant of language such as “fell over the line”. Again with comments about world growth boosting manufacturing. 

Manufacturing quite often does well when the world is growing.

The bottom line is the project fear recession never materialised, most big city banks have drastically reduced their forecasts for job losses or the need to move lock stock and barrel and we’re starting to discuss our bespoke deal.

You said, 'Brexit negotiations are going well', I said 'We fell over the finish line of the phase one negotiations after conceding to the EU on every one of their demands.'

And yet you think we're saying the same thing?

5 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Never going to happen. Brexit negotiations going well, Germans falling into line on bespoke deal and financial equivalence for the city.

Do we? It’s probably not the country I live in but the one next to La-la-land.

In meantime the big banks are securing loads of places in schools and kindergardens in and around of Frankfurt because of future plans.

and this is what a link looks like 

http://m.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/unternehmen/brexit-folgen-fuer-frankfurter-wohnungsmarkt-und-schulen-15382819.html