Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmmmn. Published analysis from countries and organisations such as the OECD, the economist, the IMF, Scotland, London, the EU, the BoE and even the treasury have been remarkably consistent in their estimates of the economic damage Brexit will do. For some reason, the people you would expect would need the information most, DExEU, haven't bothered publishing anything worthwhile.

So who to believe? A virtually unanimous collection of professional economists or CT? 

Wake up sheeple! :icon_lol:

Let's be honest. Because of services (especially financial) and the NI border we won't be leaving the EU in any meaningful way. All we have done is embarrassed ourselves and lost influence by shitting in our pants. What a fucking colossal  waste of time and money. 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Let's be honest. Because of services (especially financial) and the NI border we won't be leaving the EU in any meaningful way. All we have done is embarrassed ourselves and lost influence by shitting in our pants. What a fucking colossal  waste of time and money. 

The loss of influence is huge though. We will basically be subject to their rules without any representation. It's the opposite of increasing our sovereignty.

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The loss of influence is huge though. We will basically be subject to their rules without any representation. It's the opposite of increasing our sovereignty.

Yep, and with Tusk and Juncker both saying A50 can be cancelled this week, I have just the slimmest of hopes sanity will prevail before March 2019. 

But then Corbyn. :mad:

36 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I see Boris wants to build a bridge across the Channel now. :lol:

As long as him and Mike Ashley go in the foundations, I'm for it

36 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Looks like Labour are now backing the 'have our cake and eat it' tactic.

Tbf I watched that interview, and the one with Macron before, and McDonnell made a lot more sense than Corbyn has previously. Wish we had a PM as capable as Macron though.

With the agreements we've already made on NI, which are being legally enforced (despite what CT claims), the only option will for us to go into a "Norway plus" "transition". We'll be in the SM and CU, will contribute to the EU budget, accept the 4 freedoms (with some tinkering of FoM), be under ECJ jurisdiction, and have no say whatsoever on future EU edicts. We'll be technically out the EU but we won't be. 

This will go on indefinitely until we fully rejoin at a layer date. This is literally a Brexiteers worst nightmare, which is highly amusing. Btw, this is all evidenced by phase 1, the GFA, Davis's leaked letter where he shat his pants at the EU making provisions for no deal, and the fact the deadline is so close and we have made zero infrastructure investment. I'd highlight May was categoric when she said there will be NO infrastructure on the NI border, not even cameras. Ergo there must be full regulatory and legal alignment.

If someone can point out where I am wrong or describe a more realistic scenario, I'm all ears. 

Tbh, while that deal isn't great it's better than some of the frankly moronic alternatives and it'll almost be worth it to be able to the remind the 'winners' they've basically achieved giving the UK less sovereignty than it previously had.  #TeamCracking

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

With the agreements we've already made on NI, which are being legally enforced (despite what CT claims), the only option will for us to go into a "Norway plus" "transition". We'll be in the SM and CU, will contribute to the EU budget, accept the 4 freedoms (with some tinkering of FoM), be under ECJ jurisdiction, and have no say whatsoever on future EU edicts. We'll be technically out the EU but we won't be. 

What sort of tinkering would you suggest regarding FoM? Do any of the EEA countries restrict movement of labour in practice?

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

What sort of tinkering would you suggest regarding FoM? Do any of the EEA countries restrict movement of labour in practice?

Actually just applying the rules we already can with a bit of branding so should do it. It'll appease idiots like CT, basically. 

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Tbh, while that deal isn't great it's better than some of the frankly moronic alternatives and it'll almost be worth it to be able to the remind the 'winners' they've basically achieved giving the UK less sovereignty than it previously had.  #TeamCracking

Aye, this is the irony. I think it'll get to the stage, particularly with younger demographics getting the vote, when well realise it's all been a collosal waste of time and we'll end up where we were, without the rebate. Cracking. (I doubt we'll be forced to adopt the Euro or schenghen though). 

21 hours ago, Sonatine said:

Some cracking stuff in that thread :lol:

:lol:

Used to be on another smaller football forum years ago when ukip were far more irrelevant and nobody gave them the time of day. One of the posters was a ukip councillor or would-be councillor. Was pro-Ashley and a bit of a loon with a fucking weird way of describing his family. @PaddockLad will remember him well. Ozymandyias I think he was called? A strange breed. :D