Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 minutes ago, Alex said:

It would be nice to have an opposition that would make a big deal out of shit like this

Did you see they're apparently having a big strategy day at the start of Feb to agree official Labour Brexit policy so that they can get their stories straight and hammer the government without contradicting one another. 

Only a good 18 months late. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Did you see they're apparently having a big strategy day at the start of Feb to agree official Labour Brexit policy so that they can get their stories straight and hammer the government without contradicting one another. 

:lol: FFS

It's  poor leadership but at the same time they're completely fucked by the broad dichotomy of Labour voters - working class provincial anti-immigrant leavers versus metropolitan staunch remainers. 

I know that's sweeping generalisations but it's hard to find a position to keep them all happy. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

tbf, that still makes them more in tune, more quickly than the actual government.

What a fucking arsehole May is. The older you get, the more you realise that this is nothing special or talented about these twats. They're just big enough cunts to THINK they can run a country. That is their single qualification. 

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

What a fucking arsehole May is. The older you get, the more you realise that this is nothing special or talented about these twats. They're just big enough cunts to THINK they can run a country. That is their single qualification. 

It's wierd. It wasn't always this way. Even in Blair's day there were several competent politicians. Where have they all gone? 

I was listening to Gisella Stuart the other day. I think she has left politics, but still. What a massive cunt she is. 

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

@Christmas Tree  Even the government's own analysis indicates that the economy is going to shit after Brexit.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertonardelli/the-governments-own-brexit-analysis-says-the-uk-will-be?utm_term=.lt2LPX2MW#.mh8Eqwzaj

:lol: I was waiting for you to come rushing in with this last night.

How did their last stab a forecasting go? Immediate recession just from voting leave, 500,000 job losses etc. More scaremongering.

However putting that to one side, Brexit should be about more than GDP. In the real world most of us live our daily lives no differently whether GDP is 1.8% or 2.2% etc.

Its certainly not a tool for measuring how well society is doing. 

I suggest you read read the very good book by David Pillington on this subject. (Not that I’ve read it but he talked a lot of sense on Radio 4 this morning).

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: I was waiting for you to come rushing in with this last night.

How did their last stab a forecasting go? Immediate recession just from voting leave, 500,000 job losses etc. More scaremongering.

However putting that to one side, Brexit should be about more than GDP. In the real world most of us live our daily lives no differently whether GDP is 1.8% or 2.2% etc.

Its certainly not a tool for measuring how well society is doing. 

I suggest you read read the very good book by David Pillington on this subject. (Not that I’ve read it but he talked a lot of sense on Radio 4 this morning).

Your entire reason for voting for Brexit was that the UK economy would benefit by maintaining trade with the EU while agreeing further FTAs with other countries. But now it's about 'other stuff'?